Author Topic: Trump hires ex-Florida solicitor general Chris Kise to lead his FBI raid defense  (Read 623 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump hires ex-Florida solicitor general Chris Kise to lead his FBI raid defense
NY Post, Aug 30, 2022

President Donald Trump has hired a top Florida lawyer to lead his defense in the FBI raid case, a person familiar with the decision told The Post Tuesday.

Chris Kise, a former solicitor general in the state, is joining Trump’s legal team amid claims the 45th president was struggling to recruit top-notch attorneys in the wake of the FBI’s Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago.

Kise, a veteran GOP lawyer, starts immediately and will represent Trump at the next hearing in the Southern District of Florida on Thursday.

Until recently, the Tallahassee attorney had been a partner at the Foley & Lardner law firm, but he has since “withdrawn,” a firm spokesperson told The Post.

It wasn’t immediately clear when Kise handed in his notice.

Kise previously worked on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ transition team and had publicly released damaging information about Democratic candidate Andrew Gillum in the waning days of the 2018 gubernatorial race.

The lawyer exposed text messages that showed Gillum had quietly accepted free “Hamilton” tickets from an undercover FBI agent in violation of Florida’s ethics laws.

He has won four cases before the US Supreme Court and several others in the Florida Supreme Court.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/30/trump-hires-florida-lawyer-chris-kise-to-lead-fbi-raid-case/

How long before Kise is the subect of an IRS audit and/or pre-dawn FBI raid?

Godspeed, Mr. Kise.   :0001:

Offline libertybele

Christopher M. Kise biography from Foley and Lardner LLP

https://web.archive.org/web/20210802230209/https://www.foley.com/en/people/k/kise-christopher-m

:facepalm2:  What is Trump thinking or is he not checking these people out?  Kise served as counselor to Charlie Crist who has been a Republican, Independent, Democrat and now running against DeSantis!!  He also served Rick Scott who is corrupt.  Sure he served on DeSantis' transition team, but I see Trump as desperate to find someone qualified and trustworthy to defend him.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:19:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

:facepalm2:  What is Trump thinking or is he not checking these people out?  Kise served as counselor to Charlie Crist who has been a Republican, Independent, Democrat and now running against DeSantis!!  He also served Rick Scott who is corrupt.  Sure he served on DeSantis' transition team, but I see Trump as desperate to find someone qualified and trustworthy to defend him.

It's always helpful to have a legal team with someone who knows how the other side thinks @libertybele   ..... and four wins in the USSC is not too shabby, either.

Relax.   happy77

Offline libertybele

It's always helpful to have a legal team with someone who knows how the other side thinks @libertybele   ..... and four wins in the USSC is not too shabby, either.

Relax.   happy77

@Right_in_Virginia Trump's pick of legal 'experts' has much to be desired.  Other side's thinking?  You can't get much more corrupt than Crist and Scott rates right up there with him. 

I'm hoping the best for Trump and for once I hope legally things turn around in his favor.

Giuliani and his other picks have been an absolute disaster!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

@Right_in_Virginia Trump's pick of legal 'experts' has much to be desired.  Other side's thinking?  You can't get much more corrupt than Crist and Scott rates right up there with him. 

I'm hoping the best for Trump and for once I hope legally things turn around in his favor.

Giuliani and his other picks have been an absolute disaster!

Relax @libertybele  --- please.

Offline libertybele

Relax @libertybele  --- please.

@Right_in_Virginia  I'm just calling them as I see them.  I called Sessions, Rosenstein, Barr and others that Trump selected correctly.  I hope I'm wrong about Kise.

Nah, I won't get into Kushner, he tends to rile you a bit.   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia  I'm just calling them as I see them.  I called Sessions, Rosenstein, Barr and others that Trump selected correctly.  I hope I'm wrong about Kise.

Nah, I won't get into Kushner, he tends to rile you a bit.   :laugh:

Kushner doesn't rile me @libertybele

Offline libertybele