Author Topic: Biden admin races to stave off another gas price disaster with oil price cap negotiations  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 30, 2022 8:50am EDT
Biden admin races to stave off another gas price disaster with oil price cap negotiations
'It's a very delicate equation here,' the Brookings Institution's David Wessel tells FOX Business

By Thomas Catenacci FOXBusiness

The Biden administration has continued private negotiations with Western allies to implement a global cap on the price of Russian oil to avoid a potential gas price disaster.

The Department of the Treasury, which is leading the effort, said it continues to negotiate the policy which it has argued is necessary to ensure global and U.S. oil prices don't surge in the coming months. The agency, which has engaged in discussions with a number of nations both in and out of the G7, could reach a resolution with partners as soon as September.

"A price cap on Russian oil will both deny Putin money for his war machine and put downward pressure on the high oil costs caused by Russia’s unprovoked war against Ukraine," a Treasury Department spokesperson told FOX Business in a statement.

"We continue to have productive discussions with the G7 and other allies and partners, who share a common interest in helping consumers by preventing further disruptions to the global supply of oil and reducing revenue to the Kremlin," the spokesperson added.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-admin-races-gas-price-disaster-oil-price-cap-negotiations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Price fixing.....

Biden is truly a child like mind of the '70's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Price fixing.....

Biden is truly a child like mind of the '70's.
Well you have to realize Biden never had an original thought or uttered an honest word in his life so when it comes to energy and economic issues it's natural, like a disaster, for him to draw on Jimmmy Carter.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Um, like there's more energy available from North America, South America, Africa, Europe, and Australia.

But, I guess they'd rather buy Russian, Iranian, Saudi, and Venezuelan oil than create jobs in America.

Plus, there's always Antarctica.  Screw the penguins.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:55:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They did this back in the 70's and it led to shortages IIRC...

Offline Kamaji

They did this back in the 70's and it led to shortages IIRC...

Yup.