Author Topic: Couple Now Gets Daily Visits From Wild Lorikeet Birds That Broke in a Year Ago  (Read 679 times)

Offline libertybele

Couple Now Gets Daily Visits From Wild Lorikeet Birds That Broke in a Year Ago

Georgina Brough and Christian Allen get daily visits from a group of wild lorikeets—birds that broke in a year ago and now want to hang out constantly.

The new feathered friends first visited the young couple in early 2021.

They flew in through their balcony door hoping to score some lunch at their apartment in Australia.

The birds lived in trees opposite their patio table and the couple often saw them eyeing ‘hopefully’ whenever they would eat lunch—especially grapes—outside.

After leaving their door open one summer morning, the birds saw their opportunity and broke in, which began their daily visits.

Georgina, who is a bartender, and Christian, who is a laborer, said the lorikeets will watch TV with them, sit on their laundry, hang out on their couches—and would probably explore the apartment all day if they were allowed.

“They are super friendly birds,” said Georgina. “We can touch them and hold them, so naturally we love them.”............

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/couple-gets-visits-from-wild-lorikeets-who-dont-want-to-leave/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Unless they live somewhere really warm all year around,those birds are going to disappear, or die come cold weather.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Unless they live somewhere really warm all year around,those birds are going to disappear, or die come cold weather.

Well, the article did say they live in Australia, so it's quite likely warm all year round.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, the article did say they live in Australia, so it's quite likely warm all year round.

@Kamaji

Thanks! I never even noticed that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Birds are amazing creatures......

No where in nature will you find such a disparingly difference in intelligence in the same class of animal......

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

I have had all different types of birds all of my life.

As beautiful and cool as these birds are..if these birds are (as it appears) free flying in the apartment the first thing that comes to my mind is how long it would take to clean up after one. I don't care how smart they are, you really can't house train them.

Offline libertybele

I have had all different types of birds all of my life.

As beautiful and cool as these birds are..if these birds are (as it appears) free flying in the apartment the first thing that comes to my mind is how long it would take to clean up after one. I don't care how smart they are, you really can't house train them.

Lorikeeta cansurvive in Southern FL; we've seen them at various different bird displays throughout the area.  They are absolutely beautiful. I love birds, but, definitely as you said, they are a lot of work and no, I wouldn't want to clean up after one.  They belong outside.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.