Author Topic: Arizona Governor Doug Ducey visits Taiwan to secure a semiconductor manufacturing plant in the stat  (Read 523 times)

Offline libertybele

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey visits Taiwan to secure a semiconductor manufacturing plant in the state

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey traveled to Taiwan on Tuesday to meet with Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen to discuss a multibillion-dollar semiconductor manufacturing deal.

Arizona is set to build a $12 billion Phoenix plant for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., reported the Associated Press. TSMC announced last year that it would be investing $3.5 billion in the new U.S. factory.

Intel Corp. announced in March 2021 that it would fund two additional Arizona semiconductor factories. The company has been manufacturing in the state since 1980 and plans to invest another $20 billion in the additional facilities.

Governor Ducey and Arizona's Chamber of Commerce president and head of economic development were the latest U.S. officials to visit Taiwan, despite repeated warnings from China. Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb traveled to the self-governing island last week to strengthen foreign relations and discuss the processor chip industry.

Semiconductors are crucial for nearly all electronics, such as smartphones, computers, high-tech weapons systems, medical devices, and vehicles. In December 2021, Reuters reported that TSMC produced more than 90% of the world's processor chips.

The semiconductor industry was invented in Silicon Valley, but Taiwan now dominates the market. According to Fast Company, Intel produced nearly 40% of the world's output of processor chips in the 1990s...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/arizona-governor-visits-taiwan
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
TSMC already has a large presence in AZ.  I used to test their product in my R&D job before I retired, and they make high-quality wafers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
That's gonna screw up the state as it bring in more Californians.

Offline DB

Hey now...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Probably more Taiwanese folks.  TSMC already employs a ton of Arizonans.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: