Author Topic: New Pentagon group hopes to revitalize effort to reduce mishaps  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Pentagon group hopes to revitalize effort to reduce mishaps
By Meghann Myers
 Aug 29, 03:42 PM

There’s a new Defense Department group charged with studying ― and, hopefully, reducing ― the prevalence of aircraft crashes, vehicle rollovers, ship collisions and moe.r

The Joint Safety Council held its first meeting Friday, following its creation by the most recent National Defense Authorization Act. The group isn’t quite sure yet how often it will meet, or what its work will entail, but the sky is pretty much the limit.

“We think it’s an important thing for the department and that it can, once it’s stood up and becomes a regular meeting and performing body, help enhance the overall safety culture, and help enable Defense Department senior leadership oversight and accountability,” Shawn Skelly, current assistant defense secretary for readiness, told Military Times on Friday.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2022/08/29/new-pentagon-group-hopes-to-revitalize-effort-to-reduce-mishaps/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New Pentagon group hopes to revitalize effort to reduce mishaps
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 12:00:30 pm »
Bless their little hearts and brains.  Stopping accidents, injuries, and deaths in the military is probably more difficult than doing the same in NYC. *hmmmm*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson