Author Topic: Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf calls for $2,000 payments to help families ‘survive inflation’  (Read 840 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 29, 2022 2:27pm EDT
Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf calls for $2,000 payments to help families ‘survive inflation’
Pennsylvania families making less than $80,000 would be eligible for payment, Wolf says

By Greg Norman | Fox News

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is calling on Republican lawmakers in his state Monday to help pass a bill that would allow Pennsylvania to send $2,000 to families making less than $80,000 in order to help them fight inflation.

The Democrat said this is his second attempt at trying to get this bill passed and Pennsylvania can afford such payouts as it has an $800 billion economy.

"I want to give Pennsylvanians the step up they need to survive inflation and higher prices. So, $2,000 to any family, to families making $80,000 dollars or less. We estimated that about 250,000 families will apply for this," Wolf said. 

"So that's a 500-million-dollar operation expense and it's going to provide needed buffers against high prices," he added. "And we hope prices are up temporarily, but it's going to give families some room to get back on their feet."

"We have the ability to do this financially," Wolf continued. "We can actually help families get lifesaving medicine, out-of-state funds. We can help families stay in their homes. We can help families afford to eat. Why on earth wouldn't we do it? Especially now again when we have the money sitting in the bank?"

Wolf also said, "We have an $800 billion … economy in Pennsylvania."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/pennsylvania-gov-wolf-calls-payments-help-families-survive-inflation

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody PLEASE tell me this is a spoof!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

This idiot has been a complete disaster as governor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This not genuine.  The is Dem dirty pool to put GOP state office candidates in a bad light near the election.

Those mean Republicans won't give you more inflationary free money.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

It's only money, right?  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This idiot has been a complete disaster as governor.
[/quote

@mountaineer

Any other report would have shocked me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's only money, right?  *****rollingeyes*****

@libertybele

True,and if the Dims retain control of the WH and Congress,it won't be long before all paper money is good for is starting a fire in a wood stove.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

According to Biden, isn't inflation over?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Myst,I think this one qualifies as a double post. Once here,and once in the silliness thread.

It really is hard to believe that anyone over the age of 16 could think such a thing would work.

Although,chances are they are just playing to the professional level welfare careerists because those people ARE their voter bases.

Which,IMHO,is even more shameful that being stupid enough to believe it is a good plan to spend more money.

After all,you can't help being born stupid,but nobody is born to be a professional liar and thief.

Offline cato potatoe

Why not pass a temporary sales tax holiday, or heaven forbid, leave the money in a rainy day fund?  I know, this a sixties radical, and every piece of rhetoric has to pit one group against another.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :facepalm:

This CAUSES inflation!!!!

Online mountaineer

There are plenty of water and sewer systems, roads and bridges in PA that require repair. But, hey, if the Dems can hand out money, who cares!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"This idiot has been a complete disaster as governor."

I believe one of the primary reasons Wolf won was because his predecessor -- a Republican -- was instrumental in getting Pennsylvania's formerly low gas tax raised about 25 cents a gallon during his term.

So this "disaster", was the result of a previous one which the dem-coms had relatively little to do with!