Author Topic: Trump calls for a re-do of the 2020 election “immediately!”  (Read 9252 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump calls for a re-do of the 2020 election “immediately!”
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2022, 09:52:15 am »
It’s not about Trump, it’s about a stolen election. But, don’t worry, nothing to see here.

Better yet, just close your eyes. The bogeyman can’t hurt you if your eyes are shut. Really.

Online libertybele

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2022, 01:59:02 pm »
It’s not about Trump, it’s about a stolen election. But, don’t worry, nothing to see here.

Better yet, just close your eyes. The bogeyman can’t hurt you if your eyes are shut. Really.

Yes, most of us acknowledge that an election was stolen, however, there is no do over.  The courts have ruled against their being a stolen election - so there is no remedy other than rioting and insurrection.  That is not going to end favorably.  People are still sitting in jail cells accused of insurrection on J6.

This is one of those times that IMO Trump spoke heatedly. I get he was justified, but IMO, instead he should be planning his next moves if he intends to run again.  IF those on his legal team have told him that there is precedent to 'redo' an election, then he should be silently taking steps to do just that and hit the leftists with all he has.

IF there is any chance of the GOP making any strides in the mid terms and seeking some sort of restitution and righting some wrongs then he needs to continue to back candidates.

I feel with Mitch in the Senate there is little hope of growing a GOP majority, so without the power of a Senate majority as well, little if anything will be done.

I think Trump needs to realize that -- again if his intent was to rally people to riot and make demands, it's not going to end well, unless we are prepared as a country for a complete Revolution which goes beyond a Constitutional Convention, which in my opinion wouldn't be successful anyways because of liberal legislators.

Do you think millions of conservatives are courageous enough and organized enough to rise up @aligncare ??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2022, 02:10:25 pm »
Yes, most of us acknowledge that an election was stolen, however, there is no do over.  The courts have ruled against their being a stolen election - so there is no remedy other than rioting and insurrection.  That is not going to end favorably.  People are still sitting in jail cells accused of insurrection on J6.

This is one of those times that IMO Trump spoke heatedly. I get he was justified, but IMO, instead he should be planning his next moves if he intends to run again.  IF those on his legal team have told him that there is precedent to 'redo' an election, then he should be silently taking steps to do just that and hit the leftists with all he has.

IF there is any chance of the GOP making any strides in the mid terms and seeking some sort of restitution and righting some wrongs then he needs to continue to back candidates.

I feel with Mitch in the Senate there is little hope of growing a GOP majority, so without the power of a Senate majority as well, little if anything will be done.

I think Trump needs to realize that -- again if his intent was to rally people to riot and make demands, it's not going to end well, unless we are prepared as a country for a complete Revolution which goes beyond a Constitutional Convention, which in my opinion wouldn't be successful anyways because of liberal legislators.

Do you think millions of conservatives are courageous enough and organized enough to rise up @aligncare ??

Well stated, and I agree 100%.  Trump would have came across much better, if he tweeted, This thing was stolen, but that is now water under the bridge.  I now challenge every patriotic American to come to the defense of its constitution, its electoral institutions, and work with me to prevent fraud, even if it means MAGA getting confrontational with the Seditious elements that are stealing our government"

I know the sleazy MSM will view this as a threat of violence.  But IMO, let them think that.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 02:11:20 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2022, 02:30:42 pm »
I want a do-over of the 1978 Yankees Red Sox one game playoff, the 1986 World Series, Super Bowl XX, the trade of Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees, the trade of Bobby Orr to the Blackhawks, and every other heartbreaking moment in Boston sports history.

I'm not holding my breath.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2022, 02:37:43 pm »
I want a do-over of the 1978 Yankees Red Sox one game playoff, the 1986 World Series, Super Bowl XX, the trade of Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees, the trade of Bobby Orr to the Blackhawks, and every other heartbreaking moment in Boston sports history.

I'm not holding my breath.

lol...look at re:31.  Oddly I had a 1986 baseball "do-over" wish too.  Lost in the Buckner debacle in the 1986 post season lore was the fact that one umpire (Fred Brocklander) had it in for us in Houston, and stole it for the Mets.  By all right Houston should have won the '86 NLCS in 7 games, and met the Red Sox in the WS.

My other do-over?  Ban trash cans in the dugouts '16-'17.   :cool:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 02:56:59 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2022, 02:51:44 pm »
Trump’s just yanking their chains. He knows he’s not getting a special election. Four years in office his critics still spasm over every pointed remark. But he knows that the point (the 2020 election was dirty) comes across anyway—but with some drama behind it—that’s why he does it.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2022, 02:55:17 pm »
If we're doing do-overs I'll take high school and college.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2022, 02:56:12 pm »
Trump’s just yanking their chains. He knows he’s not getting a special election. Four years in office his critics still spasm over every pointed remark. But he knows that the point (the 2020 election was dirty) comes across anyway—but with some drama behind it—that’s why he does it.

Trump's chain yanking actually is giving the MSM fodder for their false narrative  of Trump electoral subversion.

We need definable action plans and sane leadership going into this crisis, not drama.  This a'int a Reality TV show.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2022, 03:03:34 pm »
  But the true believers will give him a pass.

They’ll claim he’s playing 4000 dimensional chess
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2022, 03:37:49 pm »
Trump's chain yanking actually is giving the MSM fodder for their false narrative  of Trump electoral subversion.

We need definable action plans and sane leadership going into this crisis, not drama.  This a'int a Reality TV show.

Exactly.  Baiting the MSM when he doesn't have to is a waste of time.  Time that could be spent planning his run in '24 or planning strategies if he has one for legally holding them accountable.  At best his silence would drive them crazy and they would be scrambling for something to report.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2022, 03:40:14 pm »
It boggles the mind that after all these years so many still don't get how Trump uses social media  --- and why the State removed his posting "privileges"

Online libertybele

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2022, 01:08:50 am »
He's running out of options .... :shrug:

With legal peril rising, Trump turns to QAnon and 4chan memes for support

With the Justice Department investigation of his handling of classified documents pressing forward, former President Donald Trump spent Tuesday morning posting dozens of messages to Truth Social, his financially troubled social media platform, and sharing content from QAnon-linked conspiracy theory accounts and 4chan message boards.

Trump posted or reposted more than 60 messages early Tuesday, hours after he demanded on Truth Social that he be declared “the rightful winner” of the 2020 election, amplifying several memes that portrayed him as a political messiah, attacking President Biden and moderate Republicans and portraying Democrats as greater enemies of the state than Russia.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-truth-social-qanon-4chan-memes-messages-184803844.html

Trump's Truth Social barred from Google Play

Google says the platform violates its policies on prohibiting content like physical threats and incitement to violence.

The move makes it difficult for users with Android phones to download the app.

Devin Nunes, the CEO of Truth Social, has previously called Google a "monopoly".

Truth Social launched on Apple's App Store in February, though the roll-out was beset by problems.

However, the app isn't available on Google Play, where the vast majority of apps are downloaded on Android phones.

Last week Truth Social's CEO said the decision on whether the app would be available was "up to the Google Play Store".

But Google says it's down to Truth Social to comply with its rules.

A Google spokesperson told the BBC: "On August 19 we notified Truth Social of several violations of standard policies.

"Having effective systems for moderating user-generated content is a condition of our terms of service for any app to go live on Google Play," they added.

Google says it has offered Truth Social advice on how to fix the problems. Truth Social did not respond to the BBC's request for comment.

Truth Social is often described as a "free speech" platform.

However, for the app to be downloadable on the vast majority of the world's phones it needs to be approved by Apple and Google.

Far from Truth Social being a place of unfettered free speech, the platform in fact has many rules on what you can and cannot say.

In fact, Truth Social has a long list, in its Terms of Service, of things that can and cannot be posted.

The platform was founded by Mr Trump, and is where the former president chooses to post on social media. Mr Trump was banned from Twitter and Facebook after last year's US Capitol riot.

Critics argue that Truth Social has a problem with disinformation and hate speech.

A report released on Monday found 47 verified accounts that promoted QAnon conspiracy theories on the platform.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-62733451
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 01:29:25 am by libertybele »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2022, 01:13:52 am »
It isn't just that.

It's coulda, shoulda, woulda.....

It provokes the "What IF?" factor and lets people think, if even for a seconds-long flight of fancy, just how different the country would be without the disastrous policies of this administration.

If you aren't on the serious gimmie end of that stick, you are feeling the pain, and the scab just got pulled free.
If you want it to change, you need to vote out the Dems (and the RINOs, too, as much as possible).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2022, 01:16:14 am »
   I'm shocked.  It's so uncharacteristic for Trump to be sucking all the air out of the room 60+ days before the Midterms.   /S
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2022, 01:30:28 am »

Google says the platform violates its policies on prohibiting content like physical threats and incitement to violence.

Devin Nunes, the CEO of Truth Social, has previously called Google a "monopoly".

Truth Social launched on Apple's App Store in February, though the roll-out was beset by problems.

However, the app isn't available on Google Play, where the vast majority of apps are downloaded on Android phones.

Last week Truth Social's CEO said the decision on whether the app would be available was "up to the Google Play Store".

But Google says it's down to Truth Social to comply with its rules.

A Google spokesperson told the BBC: "On August 19 we notified Truth Social of several violations of standard policies.

"Having effective systems for moderating user-generated content is a condition of our terms of service for any app to go live on Google Play," they added.

Google says it has offered Truth Social advice on how to fix the problems. Truth Social did not respond to the BBC's request for comment.

Truth Social is often described as a "free speech" platform.

However, for the app to be downloadable on the vast majority of the world's phones it needs to be approved by Apple and Google.

Far from Truth Social being a place of unfettered free speech, the platform in fact has many rules on what you can and cannot say.

In fact, Truth Social has a long list, in its Terms of Service, of things that can and cannot be posted.

The platform was founded by Mr Trump, and is where the former president chooses to post on social media. Mr Trump was banned from Twitter and Facebook after last year's US Capitol riot.

Critics argue that Truth Social has a problem with disinformation and hate speech.

A report released on Monday found 47 verified accounts that promoted QAnon conspiracy theories on the platform.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-62733451

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2022, 06:14:44 am »
Trump's chain yanking actually is giving the MSM fodder for their false narrative of Trump electoral subversion.

Thank you!  I agree.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2022, 06:27:15 am »

Well, no... not really difficult. Truth Social can host the app on their own site, with instructions for installation - All it really takes is flipping one tick to allow installation from sites other than Google Play...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2022, 06:29:34 am »
   I'm shocked.  It's so uncharacteristic for Trump to be sucking all the air out of the room 60+ days before the Midterms.   /S

I know, right? All the candidates that are on Tumpy's coattails are now obliged to haul all that crap up yet again... An untimely distraction.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2022, 06:32:55 am »
If you aren't on the serious gimmie end of that stick, you are feeling the pain, and the scab just got pulled free.
If you want it to change, you need to vote out the Dems (and the RINOs, too, as much as possible).

Well, no... First there has to be a discernible difference. Claiming to be better than the democrats is a mighty low bar.

Excellence. Not merely better.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2022, 06:34:46 am »
Exactly.  Baiting the MSM when he doesn't have to is a waste of time.  Time that could be spent planning his run in '24 or planning strategies if he has one for legally holding them accountable.  At best his silence would drive them crazy and they would be scrambling for something to report.

The other end of that is that his drama show is precisely why posts about him take up an easy third of posts on this board... Two years and better out of office.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2022, 06:37:49 am »

That's damnwell right.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2022, 07:24:57 am »

When, in six years,  has the MSM needed anything from Trump for their false narratives  @catfish1957  --- when they've got the FBI, DOJ and Big Tech?  It would be so refreshing if you'd stop blaming the target.

As for a "definable action plan" and leadership --- that's Trump.  He's laid out an election reform stategy and election victory strategy dozens and dozens of times.  But, when drawn like a fly to shit only to shiny, inflammatory headlines ---- paving the way for whining and angst and misguided virtue-signalling ---- it's easy to miss the substance millions embrace and applaud.

Listening to or reading a speech, especially on policy, is hard----and not for everyone----but it is certainly worth the effort.  Give it a shot.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2022, 07:30:06 am »
I know, right? All the candidates that are on Tumpy's coattails are now obliged to haul all that crap up yet again... An untimely distraction.

Stopping 2020 election fraud is part of their platforms, so stop making up shit.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 07:32:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2022, 07:50:03 am »

Very astute observation... @corbe .... and delivered in fine sarcastic form... bonus points.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2022, 09:07:38 am »
Stopping 2020 election fraud is part of their platforms, so stop making up shit.

I ain't making up shit. 'Part of their platform' is different from 'centerpiece of their platform'
Making it 'all about Tumpy' is going to be a loser.