Author Topic: Biden to visit Wisconsin, Pennsylvania for Labor Day  (Read 204 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to visit Wisconsin, Pennsylvania for Labor Day
« on: August 29, 2022, 06:32:39 pm »
 Biden to visit Wisconsin, Pennsylvania for Labor Day
by Morgan Chalfant - 08/29/22 12:16 PM ET

President Biden will visit Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, two key swing states, to mark Labor Day next week, the White House announced. 

Biden will travel to Pittsburgh and Milwaukee to “celebrate Labor Day and the dignity of American workers,” a White House advisory said on Monday. 

The trip will represent Biden’s second to the state of Pennsylvania in less than a week’s time; Biden is scheduled to visit Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday to give a speech about gun safety. 

Both Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are home to closely watched Senate races that will help determine the control of the upper chamber next year. 

A spokesman for Democratic Senate nominee Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman said that he would not attend the event in Wilkes-Barre with the president on Tuesday but would meet with Biden when he returns to the state for Labor Day. 

“He will be marching in the Labor Day parade in Pittsburgh next week, and he looks forward to talking to the President there about the need to finally decriminalize marijuana,” Fetterman spokesman Joe Calvello told The Hill. 

While the White House advisory was light on the details, Biden is reportedly expected to appear at Milwaukee’s Laborfest, a large celebration that covers multiple cities in the state of Wisconsin. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3619550-biden-to-visit-wisconsin-pennsylvania-for-labor-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden to visit Wisconsin, Pennsylvania for Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 08:22:28 pm »
Fetterman calls on Biden to move toward decriminalizing marijuana ahead of Pennsylvania visit

Pennsylvania Democratic Senate nominee John Fetterman called on President Biden to deschedule marijuana, with a goal of ultimately decriminalizing the drug, ahead of Biden’s visit to the state next week.

Biden is expected to travel to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, two key swing states, on Labor Day ahead of the November midterms.

“It’s long past time that we finally decriminalize marijuana,” Fetterman said in a statement. “The president needs to use his executive authority to begin descheduling marijuana, I would love to see him do this prior to his visit to Pittsburgh. This is just common sense and Pennslyvanians overwhelmingly support decriminalizing marijuana.”

Fetterman also took a shot at his Republican opponent Mehmet Oz, who has spoken out against marijuana legalization.

“I don’t want to hear any bullshit coming out of Dr. Oz’s campaign trying to conflate decriminalizing marijuana with seriously harmful crime. Are we supposed to believe that neither he nor any members of his staff have ever used marijuana?” Fetterman said.

“As mayor of Braddock, I made it my mission to combat serious crime. I know firsthand what real crime looks like. Marjiuana does not fit the bill. It’s time to end the hypocrisy on this issue once and for all.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3619839-fetterman-calls-on-biden-to-move-toward-decriminalizing-marijuana-ahead-of-pennsylvania-visit/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34