Author Topic: The Economic News Is All Bad, And The American Public Knows It  (Read 410 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Economic News Is All Bad, And The American Public Knows It
S.T. Karnick
August 29, 2022
Add comment

Reporters and analysts are getting used to describing news about the U.S. economy as “mixed.” The public, however, knows it’s all bad, because the results of President Joe Biden’s economic and energy policies are hitting Americans right in their pocketbooks.

The latest ostensibly good news was Thursday’s Bureau of Economic Analysis report that the second quarter decline in U.S. gross domestic product was a little less than previously stated: -0.6% instead of -0.9%. That’s good only if your definition of success is slightly slower failure.

The reality is that the U.S. economy is in serious decline and getting worse.

“U.S. companies reported a sharp drop in business activity in August in a broad-based decline led by services companies, though manufacturing slowed as well,” the Wall Street Journal reported last week.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2022/08/29/the-economic-news-is-all-bad-and-the-american-public-knows-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: The Economic News Is All Bad, And The American Public Knows It
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 04:16:38 pm »
Maybe but many 'feel' things are getting better with gas down over a dollar and food prices leveling off.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 04:45:43 pm »
I have a fixed rate mortgage, but I'm paying higher property taxes, and gas is cheaper, until a Gulf of Mexico hurricane strikes.

This is the quiet before the storm.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 04:02:45 pm »
and gas is cheaper, until a Gulf of Mexico hurricane strikes.

This is the quiet before the storm.

This seaaon has a 1980 feel to it.  Super quiet early and mid season created a boiling caldron of hot water in the Caribbean and Gulf.  Then Hurricane Allen happened in Aug '80.  This  year an additonal month can be added to that tea kettle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.