Author Topic: Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #517  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #517
« on: August 29, 2022, 12:42:54 pm »
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #517
3 hours ago Guest Blogger 3 Comments
The Week That Was: 2022-08-27 (August 27, 2022)
Brought to You by SEPP (www.SEPP.org)
The Science and Environmental Policy Project

Quote of the Week: “What historians will definitely wonder about in future centuries is how deeply flawed logic, obscured by shrewd and unrelenting propaganda, actually enabled a coalition of powerful special interests to convince nearly everyone in the world that carbon dioxide from human industry was a dangerous, planet-destroying toxin.“

“It will be remembered as the greatest mass delusion in the history of the world – that carbon dioxide, the life of plants, was considered for a time to be a deadly poison.”—Richard Lindzen, https://www.sec.gov/comments/climate-disclosure/cll12-8855233-238421.pdf

Number of the Week: Down 16%; Up 53%

THIS WEEK:

By Ken Haapala, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Scope: No longer with the Center for Astrophysics of Harvard-Smithsonian Institute, astrophysicist Willie Soon gave a blunt assessment of the current state of global climate modeling at the 40th Annual Meeting of the Doctors for Disaster Preparedness (DDP). He addressed what he called the extreme green dreams with physical evidence, facts.

Noted professor emeritus at the University of Manitoba, Vaclav Smil, has over forty books on energy, environment, population, food production, and similar issues for modern civilization. In a disturbing paragraph in Numbers Don’t Lie (2020) Smil unintentionally summarizes how effective the propaganda produced by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has been in misleading the public on human influence on climate, especially carbon dioxide emissions.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/29/weekly-climate-and-energy-news-roundup-517/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson