Author Topic: US calls in Apaches, AC-130s, and artillery to take on militants after Syria rocket attacks  (Read 155 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US calls in Apaches, AC-130s, and artillery to take on militants after Syria rocket attacks
"Hopefully they got the message loud and clear and this will be an episode vs. a continuation."

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED AUG 25, 2022 4:06 PM

MILITARY LIFEe photo. (US Air Force via Getty Images).
The U.S. military brought in some serious firepower in an engagement against Iranian-backed militants in Syria that left four enemy fighters dead and three U.S. service members wounded within the past 24 hours, defense officials said.

An unspecified number of AC-130 gunships, AH-64 Apache helicopters, and M777 were used to strike at the Iranian-backed groups over the past 24 hours, U.S. Central Command announced in a news release on Thursday.

“We will respond appropriately and proportionally to attacks on our servicemembers,” Army Gen. Michael “Erik” Kurilla, head of CENTCOM, said in a statement. “No group will strike at our troops with impunity. We will take all necessary measures to defend our people.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-military-ac-130-iran-militants-syria/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:02:43 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson