Author Topic: The Air Force’s latest mission: driving kids to school  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Air Force’s latest mission: driving kids to school
« on: August 29, 2022, 10:54:13 am »
The Air Force’s latest mission: driving kids to school
It’s the latest use of the military to help fill in staffing shortages.

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED AUG 27, 2022 2:02 PM

Military personnel in Alaska usually make news for venturing out into the rugged Alaska wilderness to rescue stranded or lost travelers, but this time they’re swapping out helicopters for yellow school buses. The Anchorage School District announced on Friday, Aug. 26 that starting on Sept. 1, four members of the 673rd Logistics Readiness Squadron will be helping out due to a shortage of bus drivers with the district.

“We are on track to be fully staffed between now and October with these current trends and developments. However, we are still in need of bus driver applicants,” Anchorage School District Superintendent Jharrett Bryantt wrote in a letter to parents obtained by Alaska’s News Source.

The Air Force’s involvement is a big change from earlier in this month. When the school year started this month, the school district had to cut some bus routes due to the shortage. It had contacted the National Guard to see if its members could help fill in the gaps, but there was a legal catch.

The National Guard had previously told the district that it could not help due to Alaska Statute 26.05.070, saying that the statute “does not permit the activation of National Guard members for this purpose.” However apparently the Air Force can, given this update.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/alaska-air-force-school-buses/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Air Force’s latest mission: driving kids to school
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 10:56:16 am »
Will they also provide comic books on CRT, proper pronouns, and gay rights to entertain the kids to and from school? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson