Author Topic: The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have killed at least 500,000 people, according to a report that bre  (Read 292 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have killed at least 500,000 people, according to a report that breaks down the toll

Daniel Brown and Azmi Haroun Updated Aug 26, 2022, 7:57 PM

In the 76 countries in which the US is currently fighting terrorism, at least three have been incredibly deadly: Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

And as the US pullout from Afghanistan nears the one year mark, Brown University's Costs of War Project report details just how deadly they've been. It counts how many people have been killed by the "United States' post-9/11 wars" in these three countries, along with others.

The report accounts for deaths in Afghanistan and Pakistan between October 2001 and October 2018, and in Iraq between March 2003 and September 2021.

In October 2001, the US invaded Afghanistan to defeat the al-Qaeda and the Taliban, and 20 years later, on August 30, 2021, the US completed a chaotic withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan as the Taliban regained full control of the country.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-people-have-been-killed-in-iraq-and-afghanistan
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 12:24:14 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

So the moral to the story is that is you harbor terrorists and allow them to carry out attacks around the world, there will be hell to pay. 

Don't want to catch hell, the secure your borders and adopt the rule of law.

Offline LMAO

So the moral to the story is that is you harbor terrorists and allow them to carry out attacks around the world, there will be hell to pay. 

Don't want to catch hell, the secure your borders and adopt the rule of law.

:amen:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

We never did pursue the financiers of terror - the Saudi's, the UAE, Iran, and Pakistan - current and future nulear nations.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline dfwgator

We fought a War on Terror, and Terror won.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
We fought a War on Terror, and Terror won.

Yep..."W" stands for Whupped. (From the political perspective)

Honestly, we haven't had a great decison making POTUS since RWR.  And that is a bad losing streak.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:30:30 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.