Author Topic: British prime minister front-runner ‘ready’ to push nuclear button  (Read 334 times)

Offline libertybele

British prime minister front-runner ‘ready’ to push nuclear button

Liz Truss, Britain’s Foreign Secretary and front-runner to become the nation’s next prime minister, said she would be "ready" to use the U.K.'s nuclear arsenal if she was to become prime minister.

Truss was speaking at a debate (known in the U.K. as a “husting”) hosted by Times Radio’s John Pienaar. Pienaar asked Truss how she would react if she were put in a situation where she had to consider activating the UK’s nuclear arsenal.

Pienaar laid out the scenario: "Your orders to our Trident boat captain on whether you, prime minister Liz Truss, is giving the order to unleash nuclear weapons. It would mean global annihilation. I won't ask you if you would press the button, you'll say yes, but faced with that task I would feel physically sick."

"How does that thought make you feel?" Pienaar asked.

Truss replied, “I think it’s an important duty of the prime minister and I’m ready to do that,” adding, “I’m ready to do that.”............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/british-prime-minister-front-runner-ready-to-push-nuclear-button
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.