Author Topic: Afghanistan one year later: How daily life in the war-torn country has changed since the Taliban’s t  (Read 358 times)

Offline libertybele

Afghanistan one year later: How daily life in the war-torn country has changed since the Taliban’s takeover

Decades of progress for Afghan women's rights rolled back in a matter of months. Widespread hunger and malnutrition exacerbated by an international freeze on aid. A draconian crackdown on any public expression that doesn't conform with a hard-line interpretation of Islam. Violent attacks that have rocked the capital of Kabul.

This is day-to-day life one year after the Taliban entered Kabul and took Afghanistan back following the withdrawal of U.S. troops last August.

Women and girls have been especially hard hit by the Taliban's rise to power. The country's new religious rulers have restricted women from working outside the home aside from a few sectors, banned girls from attending secondary school, ordered women to cover their faces in public, and implemented rules that limit a woman's ability to travel without a male chaperone.

Widespread hunger has also increased drastically amid a worsening economic crisis, with about half of Afghanistan's 38 million people experiencing acute food insecurity....................

https://www.foxnews.com/world/afghanistan-one-year-later-daily-life-war-torn-country-changed-talibans-takeover
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

How we withdrew was disgraceful and that is on the Brandon Admn and high command of our military.

However, I may be sorry for how people are suffering over there but we gave a lot of treasure to try and train them to defend themselves. A few did, but most didn't. Now they live with the consequences.

As the world deglobalizes and USA no longer acts as the world's policeman we are going to see more stories like this. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Afghanistan one year later: How daily life in the war-torn country has changed since the Taliban’s takeover Reinstallment

Call it what it was. I agree in getting our military out and doing so could have only one result but only Joe could *uck it up so badly.