Author Topic: The Line Between Anti-Racism and Racism Keeps Getting Fainter  (Read 287 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Line Between Anti-Racism and Racism Keeps Getting Fainter
« on: August 28, 2022, 05:11:21 pm »
The Line Between Anti-Racism and Racism Keeps Getting Fainter

How an antisemitic bigot named Laith Marouf built a lucrative career as a Canadian government-funded ‘anti-racist’

Jonathan Kay
25 Aug 2022

There are few politicians who’ve embraced the anti-racism movement more fervently than Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. With great fanfare, his government has launched multiple programs intended to eradicate the “racism, discrimination, and xenophobia” that Trudeau describes as being a major contaminant within Canadian society. Alas, it has now been revealed that a major beneficiary of this Liberal anti-racism largesse is one of Canada’s most outspoken bigots, whose company was promised C$130,000 (about US$107,000) in public funds to mount a six-city national tour aimed at “building an anti-racism strategy” within the Canadian broadcasting industry. And the resulting scandal has become international news.

The bigot in question is Laith Marouf, a fanatical Palestinian-rights activist and one-time campus firebrand whose activities I’ve been following, on and off, for two decades—beginning with his 2001 expulsion from Concordia University in Montreal. Marouf had attacked a campus security guard who’d been trying to help apprehend him for spray-painting anti-Israeli graffiti on a local building. Yet he was able to get the expulsion overturned, and even held on to his gig as VP Internal with the Concordia Student Union (CSU) executive, whose membership was then largely intertwined with a militant student group known as Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights (of which Marouf would become Chapter Coordinator).

This was the same CSU executive that became infamous for distributing a 2001–2002 student handbook that included a cartoon depicting Israel’s military as a drooling bird of prey threatening a tiny child; an article promoting an anti-capitalist holiday called “Steal Something Day” (advising Concordia students to shoplift and “take a yuppie’s BMW for a joyride and [then] crash it into a parked Mercedes just for the hell of it”); and, most notoriously, a graphic showing airplanes smashing into a conference room full of businessmen. (The handbook was published just weeks before 9/11.)

Several months later, in early 2002, Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights activists helped instigate a protest-turned-riot that shut down a scheduled speech at Concordia by former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The incident was reported internationally, badly tarnishing the university’s reputation, and sparking a backlash against the student union, whose leaders were accused of letting their anti-Israeli vitriol cross the line into outright antisemitism. I was in Montreal at the time, covering the event for Canada’s National Post newspaper. As I described in my reporting, the riot really did seem like a hatefest directed at the school’s “Zionist” community:

One might imagine that these developments would have career-limiting implications for Marouf, a Syrian citizen whose father had been sent to Montreal on diplomatic assignment by Hafez al-Assad’s regime. Yet Marouf somehow managed to scratch out a Canadian career as a community activist, equity officer, radio host, and, most recently, government-bankrolled anti-racism consultant—all without making any effort to hide his antisemitic views.

Source:  https://quillette.com/2022/08/25/the-increasingly-blurry-line-between-anti-racism-and-racism/

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Line Between Anti-Racism and Racism Keeps Getting Fainter
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 05:11:55 pm »
WADR to the author, there never was such a line.  So-called "anti-racism" is avowedly racist, and always has been.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 09:52:15 pm »
WADR to the author, there never was such a line.  So-called "anti-racism" is avowedly racist, and always has been.
Agree, we either all live respecting each other or racism will creep in. I believe that to an extent we are wired to distrust those different from our selves but evolution also gives us the ability to repress those urges. I guess what I am saying is that I believe racists are Troglodytes.

trog·lo·dyte
/ˈträɡləˌdīt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: troglodytes
(especially in prehistoric times) a person who lived in a cave.
a hermit.
a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 10:29:32 pm »
GT:
"Agree, we either all live respecting each other or racism will creep in. I believe that to an extent we are wired to distrust those different from our selves but evolution also gives us the ability to repress those urges. I guess what I am saying is that I believe racists are Troglodytes."

Look at my avatar, which I chose with care. I AM "a troglodyte", and proud to be one.

To your post, I reply:
Fine. tell me how you can "respect" the leftist-communists, or expect their "respect" in return.
Tell me how you can "respect" the feral ghetto blacks who savagely beat and murder, and gain their respect in return.

I do not seek the respect of such people, and I am not troubled by "not respecting" them in return.
I have no intention of EVER giving them "respect".

If that makes me a "racis'", well, it is what it is and I don't care.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:42:54 pm by Fishrrman »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 10:48:31 pm »
GT:
"Agree, we either all live respecting each other or racism will creep in. I believe that to an extent we are wired to distrust those different from our selves but evolution also gives us the ability to repress those urges. I guess what I am saying is that I believe racists are Troglodytes."

Look at my avatar, which I chose with care. I AM "a troglodyte", and proud to be one.

To your post, I reply:
Fine. tell me how you can "respect" the leftist-communists, or expect their "respect" in return.
Tell me how you can "respect" the feral ghetto blacks who savagely beat and murder, and gain their respect in return.

I do not seek the respect of such people, and I am not troubled by "not respecting" them in return.
I have no intention of EVER giving them "respect".

If that makes me a "racis'", well, it is what it is and I don't care.

Cheers!
Please note that there are three given definitions for troglodyte. Now you are talking about feral people who beat  and murder, I consider those feral "animals" not human of any kind, not troglodyte or any other. Those whether Black, Brown, White or Yellow may use racism as their reason but their actions prove that they are not of mankind and should be culled.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 10:53:28 pm »
There is no line between racist and anti-racist, at least in the current use of the terms... both are invariably racist. Same thing.