Author Topic: Not a peep from the environmentalists....wasting natural resources is of no concern to Russia  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Commonsense & Wonder
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28, 2022
Not a peep from the environmentalists....wasting natural resources is of no concern to Russia

Russia burns large amounts of gas amid supply cuts to Europe
An orange beacon of gas has been burning on the Finnish border for months. At the same time, Europe is struggling to fulfil its energy needs.

Russia has been wasting vast amounts of natural gas while cutting its supplies to Europe, analysts from the Norwegian energy consultancy Rystad Energy revealed on Friday.

Satellite images of the Portovaya compression station show a huge flare as large amounts of gas are burned off.

The facility is close to the border with Finland and is part of the network that feeds the Nord Stream 1 pipeline bringing gas into Germany. Flows through the pipeline have been reduced to just 20% of its capacity.

http://commonsensewonder.blogspot.com/2022/08/not-peep-from-environmentalistswasting.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

The biggest polluters in the world include Russia and China. Have we ever heard criticism?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org