Author Topic: Biden Fail: US North East Winter Energy Rationing? Biden Urges Export Cuts, Increased Production  (Read 288 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Biden Fail: US North East Winter Energy Rationing? Biden Urges Export Cuts, Increased Production
1 hour ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Cautious Optimism; A few months ago Biden urged energy providers to increase exports to Europe, to support Europe’s efforts to resist Russian energy blackmail. Now Biden is complaining that US inventories are unusually low, and wants providers to focus on rebuilding domestic inventories.

Biden Administration Urges Fuel-Export Cuts to Restock Northeast

‘Emergency measures’ may be needed if refiners don’t act

Energy Department points to below-normal Northeast stocks

By Ari Natter
27 August 2022 at 00:35 GMT+10 Updated on27 August 2022 at 02:03 GMT+10

The Biden administration is warning refiners that it may take “emergency measures” to address fuel exports as stockpiles of gasoline and diesel fuel remain near historically low levels in the Northeast.

While East Coast gasoline and diesel inventories are well below normal, exports of US refined products are at an all-time high, the Energy Department wrote in a letter last week to refiners that included Exxon Mobil Corp., Valero Energy Corp., and Phillips 66.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/28/biden-fail-us-north-east-energy-rationing-biden-urges-cuts-increased-production/ :amen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've posted this before. I'll repeat.

It should be ILLEGAL to export energy produced in the USA OUT OF the USA (with the exception of Canada).

We NEED our own energy resources, particularly now.

When natural gas is exported to Europe, it makes the domestic prices for such gas HIGHER.

When coal is exported, it depletes our reserves -- reserves that someday our descendants will NEED.

Let Canada and the US share resources as required.
But beyond that -- what's produced here, should REMAIN here.
And be USED here.

And no, I don't care about the economics otherwise.
The energy producing companies will still thrive under such restrictions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,it's not like HE or any of his family or associates are going to go cold.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

This administration probably has an office pool going on how many people will die in the cold - the more the better.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is what they want. Rationing with blue states, butt buddies, and Joe Skeezy's favorite sniffy girls getting first dibs.
The Republic is lost.