Author Topic: Scientific American: The Racist Myth of Binary Sex Wasn't Invented 'Til Nearly 1800  (Read 254 times)

Offline Kamaji

Scientific American:  The Racist Myth of Binary Sex Wasn't Invented 'Til Nearly 1800

By Alex Parker
Aug 28, 2022

Historically, you’re in the minority: You’re part of Earth’s post-1700s people, otherwise known as those who’ve believed there are only two sexes.

That scientific fact has been declared by Scientific American.

The popular science magazine has released A Question of Sex, a documentary nuking the notion that sex is binary. As it turns out, the invention came by way of the West — and not ’til the 18th century’s end.

Courtesy of Scientific American, benefit from the birds and bees:

While gendered structures are ancient, a binary framework of binary sex didn’t exist in Western culture ’til the late 18th century.

Previous to then, sexism said females didn’t exist:

Before, science recognized only one sex — the male — and considered the female body an inferior version of it.

Source:  https://redstate.com/alexparker/2022/08/28/scientific-american-the-racist-myth-of-binary-sex-wasnt-invented-til-nearly-1800-n618946

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

When I was in high school - back shortly after the last of the dinosaurs died out - one of the best birthday gifts I ever received was a subscription to Scientific American.

If I received such a gift now, I'd return it and ask for the cash so I can light it up and burn it.  At least that would be making some small beneficial use of that money, rather than throwing it away on pure trash and drivel.

Offline mountaineer

I've researched my family history, in some cases back to the 1500s and earlier, and am more than reasonably certain not a single person on my family tree was confused as to his or her sex. Otherwise, of course, they wouldn't have been on my family tree.

The men impregnated the women, the women bore children, both male and female. Their children grew up, married people of the opposite sex, and continued the process until - voilà! - little mountaineer came along, mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 05:17:54 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Uh, unless I completely missed the reality train I would say Binary sex went back a tad further than nearly 1800, something of a more Biblical time frame. And leaving God behind I have trouble understanding how anything, other than a very few reptiles and others, could ever be anything other than a dead end without like the human sports creating more through perversion, indoctrination and social pressure(psychological warfare).