Author Topic: W. Coast States Trymid Soaring Prices, Blackouts To Block Major Pipeline  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JACK MCEVOY ON AUG 25, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

W. Coast States Trymid Soaring Prices, Blackouts To Block Major Pipeline

Attorney generals (AGs) from California, Oregon, and Washington are calling for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to stop the expansion of a crucial gas transmission project, arguing that it will violate climate laws, despite the states facing some of the highest gas prices in the country as well as the prospect of blackouts.

California Attorney General Rob Bonta, Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, and Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum filed a motion on Monday asking the FERC to deny the proposed capacity expansion of TC PipeLines’ Gas Transmission Northwest (GTN) XPress pipeline project (GTN), according to a press release.

The three western states currently hold some of the highest gas prices in the nation and may be at risk of suffering blackouts.

California possesses the highest national average of $5.3 per gallon, meanwhile, Oregon and Washington’s gas price averages sit at $4.80 and $4.70 per gallon, according to AAA data.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/west-coast-states-block-pipeline-soaring-prices-blackouts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Declare the current pipeline unsafe due to overcapacity, and shut it down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The goal is to give the govt power to ration energy, and of course faithful voters and cronies get first dibs...
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
A definite reason for people in those states to acquire Tri Fuel generators to keep running when the grid goes down. Those who invested in NG backup generators could be left in the dark.