Author Topic: Lawsuit: American Express Discriminated Against White Employees  (Read 389 times)

Online Kamaji

Lawsuit: American Express Discriminated Against White Employees

By Eric Lendrum
August 26, 2022

On Tuesday, a former employee of the credit card company American Express sued his former employer, claiming that he was fired because he is White.

According to the Washington Free Beacon, Brian Netzel was fired in 2020 after working at the company for 10 years. He is now filing a class-action lawsuit against American Express, saying that other White employees besides him faced similar “racially discriminatory” policies and actions due to the company’s push for greater “diversity” in its ranks.

American Express was one of many companies that virtue-signaled in favor of racial diversity in the aftermath of the accidental fentanyl overdose death of George Floyd in May of 2020, which subsequently led to mass race riots across the country which resulted in widespread death and destruction. Earlier this month, the company announced its intentions to spend as much as $3 billion to produce a “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Action Plan.”

Netzel’s lawsuit claims that these “antiracism” policies ultimately “gave preferential treatment to individuals for being black and unambiguously signaled to White employees that their race was an impediment to getting ahead in the company.” In addition, high-ranking executives were given financial incentives to “decrease the percentage of White employees in their departments,” with Netzel’s firing being one alleged example.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/26/lawsuit-american-express-discriminated-against-white-employees/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Lawsuit: American Express Discriminated Against White Employees
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 03:44:06 pm »
American Express...What's NOT in your pocket?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 08:28:20 pm »
When I first saw the name "George Floyd" above, the first thing that came to mind (and which I often post) was:
"George Floyd wasn't murdered."

But... then I looked closer and saw that the author of this piece -- Eric Lendrum -- actually GOT IT RIGHT.

Kudos, Mr. Lendrum...!

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 11:47:36 am »
Lawsuit: American Express Discriminated Against White Employees
Netzel’s lawsuit claims that these “antiracism” policies ultimately “gave preferential treatment to individuals for being black and unambiguously signaled to White employees that their race was an impediment to getting ahead in the company.” In addition, high-ranking executives were given financial incentives to “decrease the percentage of White employees in their departments,” with Netzel’s firing being one alleged example.
Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/26/lawsuit-american-express-discriminated-against-white-employees/
I am looking forward to the law of unintended consequences catches up with them. Anyone remember "New Coke" and Pepsi "Clear"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.