State Chapters > NY/NJ

Brazen ‘knockout game’ back in NYC, expert warns

(1/2) > >>

Kamaji:
Brazen ‘knockout game’ back in NYC, expert warns

By Dean Balsamini
August 27, 2022

The “knockout game” was down — but clearly not out.

Four recent, unprovoked sucker-punch attacks across New York City — the latest on a 74-year-old woman — have signaled the return of the insidious “game,” a sicko street challenge where thugs attempt to render an unsuspecting innocent unconscious with a single blow, a law enforcement expert told The Post.

“Knock-out games are back. The attack on New Yorkers is very real. We have to keep our heads on a swivel,” said Michael Alcazar, a retired NYPD detective and an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

“It’s not only the mentally ill who are committing these assaults. There are individuals who are angry, bored and brazen, who know they are not going to be prosecuted.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/27/brazen-knockout-game-back-in-nyc-expert/

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on August 28, 2022, 01:42:46 pm ---Brazen ‘knockout game’ back in NYC, expert warns

By Dean Balsamini
August 27, 2022

The “knockout game” was down — but clearly not out.

Four recent, unprovoked sucker-punch attacks across New York City — the latest on a 74-year-old woman — have signaled the return of the insidious “game,” a sicko street challenge where thugs attempt to render an unsuspecting innocent unconscious with a single blow, a law enforcement expert told The Post.

“Knock-out games are back. The attack on New Yorkers is very real. We have to keep our heads on a swivel,” said Michael Alcazar, a retired NYPD detective and an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

“It’s not only the mentally ill who are committing these assaults. There are individuals who are angry, bored and brazen, who know they are not going to be prosecuted.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/27/brazen-knockout-game-back-in-nyc-expert/

--- End quote ---

@Kamaji

These are not people. They are nothing more and nothing less than feral animals,and should be put down on sight.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on August 28, 2022, 10:21:14 pm ---@Kamaji

These are not people. They are nothing more and nothing less than feral animals,and should be put down on sight.

--- End quote ---

Maybe so, but one still needs to keep ones situational awareness in high gear.  I have personally ratcheted mine up quite a few degrees. 

aligncare:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on August 28, 2022, 10:29:19 pm ---Maybe so, but one still needs to keep ones situational awareness in high gear.  I have personally ratcheted mine up quite a few degrees.

--- End quote ---

We pay exorbitant taxes for more than just trash collection and roads. Going off to work shouldn’t be like entering a combat zone. We expect a certain level of personal safety in our communities. I’m appalled that a 74-year-old woman was attacked in this manner. Where is the police presence? This behavior is as antisocial as it gets and deserves some serious sentencing.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: aligncare on August 28, 2022, 10:50:24 pm ---We pay exorbitant taxes for more than just trash collection and roads. Going off to work shouldn’t be like entering a combat zone. We expect a certain level of personal safety in our communities. I’m appalled that a 74-year-old woman was attacked in this manner. Where is the police presence? This behavior is as antisocial as it gets and deserves some serious sentencing.

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version