Author Topic: Brazen ‘knockout game’ back in NYC, expert warns  (Read 637 times)

Offline Kamaji

Brazen ‘knockout game’ back in NYC, expert warns
« on: August 28, 2022, 01:42:46 pm »

By Dean Balsamini
August 27, 2022

The “knockout game” was down — but clearly not out.

Four recent, unprovoked sucker-punch attacks across New York City — the latest on a 74-year-old woman — have signaled the return of the insidious “game,” a sicko street challenge where thugs attempt to render an unsuspecting innocent unconscious with a single blow, a law enforcement expert told The Post.

“Knock-out games are back. The attack on New Yorkers is very real. We have to keep our heads on a swivel,” said Michael Alcazar, a retired NYPD detective and an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

“It’s not only the mentally ill who are committing these assaults. There are individuals who are angry, bored and brazen, who know they are not going to be prosecuted.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/27/brazen-knockout-game-back-in-nyc-expert/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Brazen ‘knockout game’ back in NYC, expert warns
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 10:21:14 pm »

By Dean Balsamini
August 27, 2022

The “knockout game” was down — but clearly not out.

Four recent, unprovoked sucker-punch attacks across New York City — the latest on a 74-year-old woman — have signaled the return of the insidious “game,” a sicko street challenge where thugs attempt to render an unsuspecting innocent unconscious with a single blow, a law enforcement expert told The Post.

“Knock-out games are back. The attack on New Yorkers is very real. We have to keep our heads on a swivel,” said Michael Alcazar, a retired NYPD detective and an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

“It’s not only the mentally ill who are committing these assaults. There are individuals who are angry, bored and brazen, who know they are not going to be prosecuted.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/27/brazen-knockout-game-back-in-nyc-expert/

@Kamaji

These are not people. They are nothing more and nothing less than feral animals,and should be put down on sight.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 10:29:19 pm »
@Kamaji

These are not people. They are nothing more and nothing less than feral animals,and should be put down on sight.

Maybe so, but one still needs to keep ones situational awareness in high gear.  I have personally ratcheted mine up quite a few degrees. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 10:50:24 pm »
Maybe so, but one still needs to keep ones situational awareness in high gear.  I have personally ratcheted mine up quite a few degrees.

We pay exorbitant taxes for more than just trash collection and roads. Going off to work shouldn’t be like entering a combat zone. We expect a certain level of personal safety in our communities. I’m appalled that a 74-year-old woman was attacked in this manner. Where is the police presence? This behavior is as antisocial as it gets and deserves some serious sentencing.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 10:54:01 pm »
We pay exorbitant taxes for more than just trash collection and roads. Going off to work shouldn’t be like entering a combat zone. We expect a certain level of personal safety in our communities. I’m appalled that a 74-year-old woman was attacked in this manner. Where is the police presence? This behavior is as antisocial as it gets and deserves some serious sentencing.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 12:30:36 am »

@Kamaji

Mine is ALWAYS up. It's just the way I have always lived my life.

I also discovered that for some reason my smile seems to upset people trying to scare me.

Face it,bullies and thugs are nothing but punks at heart. They have no "heart" when it comes to facing off with someone they not only can't scare,but almost seems to be grateful they want to start this "dance".

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 02:42:50 am »
@Kamaji

Mine is ALWAYS up. It's just the way I have always lived my life.

Same here.

Situatonal Awareness is a not only a trait, but sould be a instaneous mindset of all.  LIke driving.  For me, every single car I drive by or pass is a potential fatal crash.  Some may view it as paranoia, but I see it has insured survival.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.