Author Topic: Charlie Crist, Florida flimflam man  (Read 780 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Charlie Crist, Florida flimflam man
« on: August 28, 2022, 12:59:19 pm »
“I became a Democrat because I am sincere.” So insisted Florida gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist while campaigning earlier this year. Crist is so sincere, in fact, that he is the only person in American history to have run for state-level elective office as a Republican, Democrat, and an independent. He has lost at least once in all three guises.

Crist has been pro-life and pro-abortion. He has opposed and supported LGBTQ rights. He has opposed tax increases and raised taxes. He has been for and against gun control. He has wanted to repeal and to maintain Obamacare. As Buzzfeed accurately put it the last time Crist ran for governor in 2014, “there is almost nothing Charlie Crist hasn’t flip-flopped on.”

Florida Democrats don’t seem to mind Crist’s shapeshifting or his staggering, career-long lack of political conviction. In the August 23 primary election, he soundly defeated Florida agriculture commissioner Nikki Fried — the only Democrat who holds statewide office — receiving 60 percent of the vote. In November, he will face Governor Ron DeSantis in the general election in what is easily the nation’s most important gubernatorial election in living memory.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/charlie-crist-florida-flimflam-man/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Charlie Crist, Florida flimflam man
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 03:20:12 pm »
His running mate is a teachers union president. One of those who urged closing FL schools. That should well in … ???
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 10:21:33 pm »
PeteS observed:
"His running mate is a teachers union president"

More than that, she's an out-and-out communist, as well.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 10:30:36 pm »
His running mate is a teachers union president. One of those who urged closing FL schools. That should well in … ???

The teacher's union is strong.  DeSantis has bucked the teacher's union -- I think it's going to be a very close race. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 12:06:14 am »
Never ceases to amaze me how the sleaze of the world beatifies themselves as some kind of newly minted saint.

Charlie I Think I Am The C(h)rist also needs to come out of the closet. He's gayer than a three dollar bill.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 12:11:20 am »
Never ceases to amaze me how the sleaze of the world beatifies themselves as some kind of newly minted saint.

Charlie I Think I Am The C(h)rist also needs to come out of the closet. He's gayer than a three dollar bill.

Crist will do well with the tinkerbells as well as many teachers and the teachers union:

Back to school in DeSantis’ Florida, as teachers look over their shoulders

Erin Brown, a teacher in St. Johns County, Florida, typically keeps a gay pride flag hanging up in her classroom. As the faculty sponsor of a Gay-Straight Alliance club at her high school, she wants her students to know they are safe with her.

This year, Brown found herself quietly repurposing the flag.

No longer on full display, it now hangs as a “rainbow background,” partially obscured among posters, photos, a calendar and other trinkets on her class bulletin board.

The change is emblematic of the fear, uncertainty and confusion many educators in Florida say they are feeling this school year, as new laws take effect restricting teaching on gender identity, sexual orientation and race and expanding the oversight of books.

Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has championed the laws, argues that public schools should focus on teaching core academics, not on pushing a liberal ideology, and that parents have the right to know what is being taught in the classroom......

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-aud-nw-nyt-desantis-schools-dont-say-gay-20220827-a6p7dukwyncuhdkafrxl7lf3qq-story.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 02:09:18 am »
The teacher's union is strong.  DeSantis has bucked the teacher's union -- I think it's going to be a very close race.

How many times have you been wrong?   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 03:43:47 am »
No offense to any used car salesmen out there, but Crist meets that stereotype visually and auditorially. 

Everytime they put him on the TV, I expect him to blurt...     "Tell ya, what I'm gonna do!!!!!"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.