Author Topic: Five years to zero trust: Pentagon has ‘no choice’ but to sprint toward network goals  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Five years to zero trust: Pentagon has ‘no choice’ but to sprint toward network goals

“I can tell you at DoD, we’re taking this very seriously,” DoD CIO John Sherman said. “And we are committed to implementing zero trust at scale for our four-million-person-plus enterprise that we lead.”

By   JASPREET GILL
on August 25, 2022 at 2:36 PM

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s chief information officer is committed to implementing a zero trust architecture across the entire department in the next five years and will be releasing a new strategy to get there as soon as next month.

“What we’re aiming for is by 2027 to have zero trust deployed across a majority of our enterprise systems in the Department of Defense,” DoD CIO John Sherman said at a FedTalks conference Wednesday. “Five years. That’s an ambitious goal… but the adversary capability we’re facing leaves us no choice but to move at that level of pace.”

To get after its zero trust goals, the Pentagon plans to release a new strategy as soon as next month. The strategy will define DoD’s approach to zero trust between the “main controls” to the most sensitive systems. Sherman said that within the last month, he also hired a new deputy chief information security officer to bolster the office’s efforts.

“I can tell you at DoD, we’re taking this very seriously,” he said. “And we are committed to implementing zero trust at scale for our four-million-person-plus enterprise that we lead.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/08/five-years-to-zero-trust-pentagon-has-no-choice-but-to-speed-network-goals/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson