Author Topic: Video shows the moment Marines and soldiers at the Kabul Airport ran toward the sounds of danger  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Video shows the moment Marines and soldiers at the Kabul Airport ran toward the sounds of danger
Nicholas Slayton - Yesterday 6:07 PM

Moments after the explosion went off, the soldiers and Marines were moving. Not away from the blast, but toward the danger.

A year ago on Aug. 26, a suicide bomber attacked Hamid Karzai International Airport during the American evacuation, killing American forces. The Marine Corps released a video honoring those lost, and the video features footage of the aftermath and the immediate response to the attack at Abbey Gate.

Last August, as the United States was pulling its forces out of Afghanistan, it deployed additional troops to help supervise and manage the withdrawal. During the chaotic and messy evacuation at the airport, U.S. service members were trying to manage the flow of people when a suicide bomber detonated explosives at the gate. The videographer, talking with troops trying to manage the flood of people, unexpectedly captured video of the blast for a split second. Everyone ducks at the sound of the explosion.

But almost immediately after, troops were moving again, this time toward Abbey Gate. The overhead drone footage shows dozens of soldiers and marines running toward the source of the explosion as people flee in the opposite direction. They were rushing to secure the scene, help the wounded and make sure there weren’t additional attacks. The brief video shows different groups running through the corridors of barricades set up around the air field, regrouping as they go. After the initial suicide bombing, ISIS fighters began shooting at American service members, Taliban guards outside the airport, and Afghan civilians in the chaos. The responding troops fired back and repelled the attack.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/video-shows-the-moment-marines-and-soldiers-at-the-kabul-airport-ran-toward-the-sounds-of-danger/ar-AA11b7P8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=85be2aace6d9218eadec023ff837acb4

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson