Author Topic: Climate Cassandras: A Few Of The Eco-Prophesies That Bombed Spectacularly  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY LARRY ELDER ON AUG 25, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Cassandras: A Few Of The Eco-Prophesies That Bombed Spectacularly

While we’ve done these compilations before as seen here and here, it never hurts revisiting the claims of imminent doom spewed by everyone from Paul Ehrlich to Al Gore to AOC to The Gray Lady. –CCD Editor

“‘The trouble with almost all environmental problems,’ says Paul R. Ehrlich, the population biologist, ‘is that by the time we have enough evidence to convince people, you’re dead. … We must realize that unless we are extremely lucky, everybody will disappear in a cloud of blue steam in 20 years.‘” –The New York Times, 1969.

“No real action has been taken to save the environment, (Ehrlich) maintains. And it does need saving. Ehrlich predicts that the oceans will be as dead as Lake Erie in less than a decade.” —Redlands Daily Facts, 1970.

“Scientist Predicts a New Ice Age by 21st Century: Air pollution may obliterate the sun and cause a new ice age in the first third of the next century. … If the current rate of increase in electric power generation continues, the demands for cooling water will boil dry the entire flow of the rivers and streams of the continental United States. … By the next century ‘the consumption of oxygen in combustion processes, worldwide, will surpass all of the processes which return oxygen to the atmosphere.'” –The Boston Globe, 1970

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-cassandras-a-few-of-the-eco-prophesies-that-bombed-spectacularly/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson