Author Topic: Karl Rove Speculates That A Secret Service Member Told DOJ About Classified Materials  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karl Rove Speculates That A Secret Service Member Told DOJ About Classified Materials

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
August 26, 2022 4:47 PM ET

Former White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove speculated Friday on Fox News that a Secret Service agent may have informed the Department of Justice (DOJ) and FBI that there were classified documents inside Mar-a-Lago.

The Bush-era White House official said Secret Service members are sworn federal law officers and have a legal responsibility to report a crime. Due to this duty, Rove speculated that an agent informed the DOJ and FBI that former President Donald Trump’s lawyer falsely claimed in a letter that all classified material had been turned over to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).

“The Secret Service, and this is my own personal trajectory, I have no information other than just simply knowing that the Secret Service is there, they have no statutory responsibility over classified material but they are sworn federal law officers. They’re law enforcement, and they have a responsibility to report a crime and particularly after a letter is sent from one of the president’s lawyers saying ‘we don’t have any more classified material’ and President Trump has told the June 3 meeting ‘you can get anything you need, just say, and we’ll get if for you,'” Rove said.

“If somebody sent a letter and it said we don’t have classified material and somebody in the Secret Service said ‘I have seen classified material still within the walls of Mar-a-Lago’ and had a responsibility to report that up through the chain of command, or maybe directly to the counterintelligence division. They would have somebody who had said in essence ‘you have been misled,'” he continued.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/26/karl-rove-secret-service-doj-classified-material-mar-a-lago/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Rove has become a living breathing real time meme of "getting it wrong".

His election prognostication techniques of running around the studio are classics.  I think the BB should hire him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Rove who?  Isn’t he dead yet?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How would any SS agent know what was in those boxes, did he do some illegal reading on slack time, or maybe he was reading over someone's shoulder while they were rummaging through the boxes? I can't believe Rove thinks he's still relevant or that anyone cares what he has to say.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Karl Rove: ‘Beyond me’ why Trump held on to docs ‘when he had no legal authority’
by Zach Schonfeld - 08/26/22 4:23 PM ET

Karl Rove, who served as a senior adviser to former President George W. Bush, said on Friday that former President Trump did not have the authority to take presidential documents with him to his Mar-a-Lago residence when he ended his term.

“Why he was holding on to these materials when he had no legal authority to do so under the Presidential Records Act is beyond me,” Rove, a Fox News contributor, said during an appearance on the network.

Rove’s appearance came shortly after a federal magistrate judge approved the release of a redacted affidavit used to convince him to approve a search warrant for Trump’s Florida residence.

The document revealed that authorities found 184 classified documents in boxes recovered by the National Archives in January, and prosecutors argued there was probable cause to believe they would find additional illegally possessed items, including classified national defense information, at Mar-a-Lago.

The previously unsealed search warrant noted that the search came as part of a federal investigation into potential violations of the Espionage Act and two other statutes, which do not rely on documents being classified.

“The Presidential Records Act is clear,” Rove said on Fox News.

“A president does not have the right to leave the White House and pick and choose what documents he wants to take with him,” he continued. “He can ask for copies, but those are the property of the American people, and since 1978 no president has left with sort of picking and choosing their own documents.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3617375-karl-rove-beyond-me-why-trump-held-on-to-docs-when-he-had-no-legal-authority/

Shut up Karl!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34