Author Topic: KC-46 forced to land with refueling boom out, stranding Hill staffers  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
KC-46 forced to land with refueling boom out, stranding Hill staffers
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Aug 26, 03:26 PM

A KC-46A Pegasus tanker jet gave a group of congressional staffers an impromptu lesson in airborne emergencies during an introductory flight this week.

Two of the Air Force’s new tankers took off Tuesday with a group of 16 staffers who work for New Hampshire’s congressional delegation — Democratic Sens. Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan and Reps. Annie Kuster and Chris Pappas. The guests were onboard for a firsthand look at the KC-46s that belong to the New Hampshire Air National Guard’s 157th Air Refueling Wing.

Pease Air National Guard Base in southeastern New Hampshire was the Air Guard’s first to receive the KC-46, which replaced its older KC-135 Stratotanker planes from 2019 to 2021.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/08/26/kc-46-forced-to-land-with-refueling-boom-out-stranding-hill-staffers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: KC-46 forced to land with refueling boom out, stranding Hill staffers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 11:20:44 am »
Ok, so now I guess those brave staffers are all going to get congressional gold medal for bravery....
Cudos to the air crew..