Author Topic: Border Patrol rescues baby, toddler left in Arizona desert  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol rescues baby, toddler left in Arizona desert
« on: August 27, 2022, 10:25:08 am »
Border Patrol rescues baby, toddler left in Arizona desert
By ANITA SNOW, Associated Press - Yesterday 5:55 PM

PHOENIX (AP) — The Border Patrol says one of its agents rescued an infant and a toddler who were left alone by migrant smugglers in western Arizona's Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.

An 18-month-old was subsequently found crying and a 4-month-old was discovered face down and unresponsive. Both have received medical attention at a hospital and were released back into Border Patrol custody.

“Yesterday smugglers left two young children — an infant and a toddler — in the Sonoran Desert to die,” Tucson Sector Border Patrol Chief John Modlin said in a statement. “This is not just another example of smugglers exploiting migrants for money. This is cruelty."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/border-patrol-rescues-baby-toddler-left-in-arizona-desert/ar-AA1190S6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=44e3acd5ad71db7da00b3e16a74eb27e
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Border Patrol rescues baby, toddler left in Arizona desert
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 10:27:42 am »
The parents will be located and the children returned to them.  The reason will be something lame like the US has no right to intervene in defense of the children. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson