Author Topic: Jimmie Johnson surprises Florida veteran with new car  (Read 210 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jimmie Johnson surprises Florida veteran with new car
« on: August 26, 2022, 12:31:43 pm »

AUGUST 26, 2022 RACHEL WEST - TAMPA BAY TIMES

Marine Corps veteran and Tampa resident Barry Morgan didn’t know how he was going to be able to make it to his soon-to-be 6-year-old granddaughter’s birthday party in New Jersey next weekend.

But now, he’ll not only be able to make the trip, he’ll be arriving in style.

Online car retailer Carvana, IndyCar driver and seven-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson, as well as the Tampa chapter of the American Legion, teamed up to surprise Morgan Thursday with a much-needed new set of wheels.

He was chosen through the Carvana Cares program to receive an electric blue Honda Civic by members of the American Legion.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/jimmie-johnson-surprises-florida-veteran-with-new-car/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

Re: Jimmie Johnson surprises Florida veteran with new car
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 01:40:56 pm »

AUGUST 26, 2022 RACHEL WEST - TAMPA BAY TIMES

Marine Corps veteran and Tampa resident Barry Morgan didn’t know how he was going to be able to make it to his soon-to-be 6-year-old granddaughter’s birthday party in New Jersey next weekend.

But now, he’ll not only be able to make the trip, he’ll be arriving in style.

Online car retailer Carvana, IndyCar driver and seven-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson, as well as the Tampa chapter of the American Legion, teamed up to surprise Morgan Thursday with a much-needed new set of wheels.

He was chosen through the Carvana Cares program to receive an electric blue Honda Civic by members of the American Legion.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/jimmie-johnson-surprises-florida-veteran-with-new-car/
Here's hoping that "electric blue" is a color and not an electric vehicle.  Otherwise it may be a long trip to visit his granddaughter.