Author Topic: TIME Magazine: Corn Ethanol Fuel ‘Making Climate Situation Worse’  (Read 301 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY LINNEA LUEKEN ON AUG 26, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

TIME Magazine: Corn Ethanol Fuel ‘Making Climate Situation Worse’

An article from TIME Magazine’s online news site points out that corn ethanol fuel used as a gasoline additive or replacement is not as environmentally friendly as proponents claim. TIME is correct.

Research shows that not only does the promotion of corn ethanol-blended fuel lead to land use and crop pricing issues, but it also may actually increase the emissions that climate activists are trying to reduce. [bold, links added]

The article, “Politicians Are Touting Corn Ethanol as a Climate Solution. The Truth Is More Complicated,” explains how hundreds of millions of dollars in the Inflation Reduction Act are going toward further investment in higher-ethanol content gasoline infrastructure.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/time-magazine-corn-ethanol-fuel-making-climate-situation-worse/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This information has been out there probably 20 years or more.  What it does, though, is give Time the chance to praise EVs.  This "article" is nothing but an opening for propaganda for EVs' :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This information has been out there probably 20 years or more.  What it does, though, is give Time the chance to praise EVs.  This "article" is nothing but an opening for propaganda for EVs' :pondering:
Well, hopefully we won't have to wait another twenty years to get out the facts on EVs.

Every "solution" brings even more problems, and we have reached the point where the pushback has to happen before we are all reduced to starving peasants.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis