Author Topic: Trump receiving legal advice from conservative activist Tom Fitton: report  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump receiving legal advice from conservative activist Tom Fitton: report
by Jared Gans - 08/26/22 8:42 AM ET

Former President Trump has been receiving legal advice related to his retention of presidential records from the head of Judicial Watch, a conservative legal activist group, CNN reported Friday.

Trump began taking calls from Tom Fitton, the president of the group, soon after the National Archives confirmed it obtained 15 boxes of records from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property earlier this year.

The Archives reportedly asked the Justice Department (DOJ) to investigate after it received the boxes, some of which contained classified information.

Fitton told Trump that providing the boxes to the Archives was a mistake and the records belonged to Trump, three sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Fitton said Trump should not provide any additional records if the Archives came back for more. He reportedly cited a 2012 case that Judicial Watch was involved in that he said gave Trump the authority to do what he wanted with records from his time in the White House.

One source told CNN that Trump requested Fitton brief his attorneys on the legal argument.

Trump has repeatedly maintained that he has fully cooperating with investigators seeking to reclaim the records. But Fitton increasingly began convincing him that he should have control over the records he possessed, according to CNN.

The Hill has reached out to representatives for Trump and Fitton for comment.

The report comes as an affidavit that the FBI used to establish probable cause that a crime was being committed is set to be publicly revealed Friday. A federal judge ruled that the DOJ must release a redacted version of the affidavit by noon.

The DOJ had argued that the affidavit’s full release could compromise its investigation.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3616611-trump-receiving-legal-advice-from-conservative-activist-tom-fitton-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good.  Fitton is the President of Judicial Watch, has done a Herculian job of investigating for years and has receipts.

Judicial Watch:  https://www.judicialwatch.org/

Online libertybele

Good.  Fitton is the President of Judicial Watch, has done a Herculian job of investigating for years and has receipts.

Judicial Watch:  https://www.judicialwatch.org/

I agree; Fitton is good and I am glad he's giving legal advice to Trump.  Something needs to change and lawyers like Giuliani did Trump more harm than good.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

How funny that The Hill believes this is some kind of scandal, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Cut them off at the knees"

That's the only advice DJT needs at this point.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
How funny that The Hill believes this is some kind of scandal, or something.

The Shill is a lefty MSM conglomerate "circle jerk"

When the revolution explodes I hope far left politicos, Big Tech and MSM get the first batch of tar and feathers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Everything about this is media driven  ---- including the stated reasons for the search warrant.  Under these circumstances, you damn well need a cadre of people whose job it has been to pay attention to this media and rebut them.

Tom Fitton is one of these people. He's not giving legal advice, he's filling in gaps, patterns and leaks to the media the attorneys will have missed --- and he's bringing receipts.

Smart move.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele wrote:
"I agree; Fitton is good and I am glad he's giving legal advice to Trump.  Something needs to change and lawyers like Giuliani did Trump more harm than good."

For Mr. Trump's second term, he should co-opt the entire Judicial Watch organization, and replace all the top Justice Dept. and FBI officials with them...