Author Topic: NH newspaper publisher arrested for violating political advertising laws  (Read 384 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2022/08/25/new-hampshire-publisher-debra-paul-arrested-londonderry-times/?p1=hp_featurestack

NH newspaper publisher arrested for violating political advertising laws

Debra Paul, 62, of Londonderry, New Hampshire, failed to properly identify political advertisements in her newspaper.

By Clara McCourt   
August 25, 2022 | 6:31 PM

A New Hampshire newspaper publisher was arrested Wednesday for publishing political advertisements that did not comply with state election laws.

Debra Paul, 62, of Londonderry, New Hampshire, failed to properly identify political advertisements in her newspaper, The Londonderry Times. She was charged with six violations of the state’s misdemeanor laws on political advertisements, according to State Attorney General John M. Formella, and could face up to a year in county jail and up to $12,000 in fines. ...

... An affidavit by investigator Daniel Mederos alleges that in two different Londonderry Times issues from earlier this year, Paul printed ads for various school board and budget committee candidates that did not include a “paid for by” label within the ads, as required by state law. They also did not contain names and addresses for the ads’ financiers, which is also a requirement under state law. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is not a good look for the prosecutors.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

When I ran for office, I assumed it was my responsibility - not the newspaper's - to make sure the ad included, "Paid for by committee to elect mountaineer."  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org