Author Topic: The Army Brief: Countering drones; Gen Z leadership needs; Blackhawk evaluation; and more...  (Read 158 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Brief: Countering drones; Gen Z leadership needs; Blackhawk evaluation; and more...
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | AUGUST 26, 2022 07:00 AM ET
THE ARMY BRIEF ARMY

Welcome to The Army Brief, a weekly look at the news and ideas shaping the service’s future.

Scaling counter-drone plans. The use of small to large drones in the war in Ukraine has the Army thinking their counter-drone options should be scalable, Defense One reports. The service wants to provide two divisions with anti-drone weapons by the end of September.

Transparency matters. Members of Gen Z want to be told why they’re being asked to do a task, but leaders within special operation forces are not typically so forthcoming, and that could affect motivation for younger troops, according to a new study, Defense One reports. Additionally, traits currently valued by SOF leaders, such as a warrior mindset and a sense of initiative, were not seen as important by the younger generation.

Helicopter progress. The UH-60V Blackhawk completed its initial operational test and evaluation, bringing the aircraft a step closer to starting full-rate production, the Army’s Program Executive Office for Aviation said in a statement. The testing involved hundreds of flight hours to make sure it meets its requirements. The aircraft has a “digital glass cockpit” with screens instead of analog gauges, and an “integrated avionics suite,” according to the Army.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/army-brief-countering-drones-gen-z-leadership-needs-blackhawk-evaluation-and-more/376361/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson