Author Topic: Navy F-35C Surfaces Wearing New Mirror-Like Skin  (Read 227 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy F-35C Surfaces Wearing New Mirror-Like Skin
« on: August 26, 2022, 12:21:31 pm »
Navy F-35C Surfaces Wearing New Mirror-Like Skin

The ‘chrome’ F-35C recently arrived at Point Mugu in California, which is hosting other specialized test aircraft for a major exercise.
BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK, TYLER ROGOWAY
AUG 25, 2022 6:35 PM

Another U.S. military stealth jet has been spotted wearing a metallic-looking coating. This time it's a U.S. Navy F-35C Joint Strike Fighter sporting a mosaic of panels with mirror-like finishes. This is different from another 'chrome' coating previously seen on one of the service's F-35Cs, but is very similar to one that has been observed on a U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor in the recent past.

Author's note: for full context check out our last major report on these mysterious 'chrome' finishes that have now shown up on a variety of stealthy aircraft here.

The jet in question belongs to the Navy's Air Test and Evaluation Squadron Nine (VX-9), the "Vampires," and has the Bureau Number serial number 168842. The aircraft – seen in the pictures at the top of this story and below taken by Fred Taleghani of FreddyB Aviation Photography, who goes by the handle @cvvhrn Twitter – has been flying from Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) Point Mugu in California since at least last week.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/navy-f-35c-surfaces-wearing-new-mirror-like-skin
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 12:23:13 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy F-35C Surfaces Wearing New Mirror-Like Skin
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 12:25:12 pm »
Does that make them easier to find at the bottom of the ocean when they are blown off the ship or pilots hit the back of the ship? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 12:29:36 pm »
So the Diverse Deck Crew can check to see if they look Fabulous.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 12:38:28 pm »
So we spend billions to make it "invisible" then make the shinny....  **nononono*