Author Topic: What Is VAMPIRE? U.S. Gives Ukraine Weapons System For Shooting Down Drones  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  BY EWAN PALMER ON 8/25/22 AT 11:07 AM EDT

What Is VAMPIRE? U.S. Gives Ukraine Weapons System For Shooting Down Drones

The United States revealed it will be sending a counter-unmanned aerial system known as the VAMPIRE to Ukraine as part of its latest military aid package.

On August 24, Ukraine's Independence Day, the Pentagon announced that it will be supplying the country with nearly $3 billion in equipment and ammunition as it fights the Russian invasion.

Among the biggest tranche of security assistance for Ukraine that the U.S has sent to date includes an unspecified number of counter-drone systems called Vehicle-Agnostic Modular Palletized ISR Rocket Equipment, or VAMPIRE, a spokesperson for L3 Harris, a technology company and defense contractor, confirmed to Newsweek.

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-military-aid-vampire-drones-pentagon-russia-1736981
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:58:43 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson