Author Topic: Poland and Slovakia have completed a gas pipeline important for Ukraine  (Read 515 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://ubn.news/poland-and-slovakia-have-completed-a-gas-pipeline-important-for-ukraine/ 8/26/2022

Poland and Slovakia completed construction of an interconnector connecting their gas networks, reported PAP. The new gas interconnector not only increases Poland and Slovakia’s independence from Russian gas but also creates new opportunities for Ukraine. According to Serhii Makogon, the general director of the Operator of the GTS of Ukraine, this gas pipeline will significantly increase Poland’s export volume to Ukraine. According to Makogon Ukraine currently can import more than 4 million cubic meters per day from Poland. The potential capacity at the Poland-Ukraine junction may be as much as 6.6 billion cubic meters per year or 18 million cubic meters per day. After the launch of the Poland-Slovakia interconnector, Ukraine will be able to import almost 13 million cubic meters per day, or 4.7 billion cubic meters per year, from Poland through Slovakia.

Offline bilo

Re: Poland and Slovakia have completed a gas pipeline important for Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 05:11:43 pm »
I know this type of news doesn't get a lot of headlines, but the change in energy transportation infrastructure will be a major factor in the collapse of Russia.

India and China will have to face the consequences of sanctions if they keep buying Russian oil & gas once the EU has developed alternative sources and means of transportation. It's not like they can't get all the oil they need from the middle east the issue for them will be where to get their LNG from. Once Russia is cut off from this market their economy, which is already suffering will be devastated.

The only other leverage the Russians will have left is food and fertilizer. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Poland and Slovakia have completed a gas pipeline important for Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 06:44:09 pm »
 :pondering:
I know this type of news doesn't get a lot of headlines, but the change in energy transportation infrastructure will be a major factor in the collapse of Russia.

India and China will have to face the consequences of sanctions if they keep buying Russian oil & gas once the EU has developed alternative sources and means of transportation. It's not like they can't get all the oil they need from the middle east the issue for them will be where to get their LNG from. Once Russia is cut off from this market their economy, which is already suffering will be devastated.

The only other leverage the Russians will have left is food and fertilizer.
As regards to fertilizer, I believe Bidet and the democrats had that tied up years ago and have been spreading it at an accelerated pace here in the American and international media for the last 18 months.