Author Topic: Will the Republicans really win back the Congress?  (Read 309 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will the Republicans really win back the Congress?
« on: August 25, 2022, 05:18:56 pm »
Victor Davis Hanson
By Victor Davis Hanson
Published August 25, 2022

The late spring scenario of a massive GOP win — in historic proportions analogous to 1938, 1994, or 2010 — is said now to be "iffy."
The Left boasts that it now has a chance at keeping the House, with even better odds for maintaining control over the Senate.

Polls are all over the place. Now they show generic Republican leads, now Democratic.

The general experience in polling is that they are more often conducted by left-leaning institutions and massaged to show Democratic "momentum."

Since the polling meltdown of 2016 — when most polls showed a Hillary Clinton Electoral College landslide — they have regained little credibility.

https://jewishworldreview.com/0822/hanson082522.php
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Will the Republicans really win back the Congress?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 05:23:53 pm »
I'm not seeing any attacks by republicans on democrat policies. Or is it republicans have more brains and common sense but are too chicken sh*t to get tough? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 05:24:10 pm »
Victor Davis Hanson
By Victor Davis Hanson
Published August 25, 2022

The late spring scenario of a massive GOP win — in historic proportions analogous to 1938, 1994, or 2010 — is said now to be "iffy."
The Left boasts that it now has a chance at keeping the House, with even better odds for maintaining control over the Senate.

Polls are all over the place. Now they show generic Republican leads, now Democratic.

The general experience in polling is that they are more often conducted by left-leaning institutions and massaged to show Democratic "momentum."

Since the polling meltdown of 2016 — when most polls showed a Hillary Clinton Electoral College landslide — they have regained little credibility.

https://jewishworldreview.com/0822/hanson082522.php
If true...our country is truly lost.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 12:44:37 am »
The House? Yes

Senate? ?????
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy