Author Topic: Texas county overwhelmed by 911 calls related to migrants: System is 'stretched to the limit'  (Read 348 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FOX NEWS FLASH Published August 25, 2022 11:02am EDT

Texas county overwhelmed by 911 calls related to migrants: System is 'stretched to the limit'
Texas police responding more slowly to vehicle accidents, domestic calls
By Elizabeth Heckman | Fox News

Migrant 911 calls overwhelming local police

Maverick County Deputy Constable Frank Bowles shares what his Texas community has experienced with the surge of illegal immigration

A Texas police official said Thursday the continuing influx of migrants has overwhelmed the local police department, slowing down first responders in handling 911 calls.

Maverick County Deputy Constable Frank Bowles joined "Fox & Friends" to share how the migrant influx is pushing the system "to the limit."

"We're averaging about 3,000 coming across on a daily basis. And our 911 system is constantly being pushed to the limit here locally, answering calls for service, dealing with the migrants from the community, a lot of them coming into the neighborhoods, wandering around, knocking on doors at one or two in the morning," he told Katie Pavlich.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-county-overwhelmed-911-calls-related-migrants-system-stretched-limit
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The immigration officials should have a phone recording that says "Speak English or go home".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline Hoodat

Sounds like Harris County for the last 40 years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-