Author Topic: Biden Administration to Immigrants: If You Want to Do Business with Terrorists, Ain’t Nobody’s Busin  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Biden Administration to Immigrants: If You Want to Do Business with Terrorists, Ain’t Nobody’s Business If You Do

By George Fishman on August 25, 2022

To adapt the lyrics of a Billy Holiday song, a new Biden administration policy on the immigration consequences of providing support for terrorists appears to be: “If a terrorist group ain’t got no money and you say, ‘Take all of mine, honey’, ain’t nobody’s business if you do. If you give them your last nickel and it leaves you in a pickle, ain’t nobody’s business if you do.”

In 1996, Congress declared that “foreign organizations that engage in terrorist activity are so tainted by their criminal conduct that any contribution to such an organization facilitates that conduct” and the House Judiciary Committee stated that:

[We] recognize[] the fungibility of financial resources and other types of material support. Allowing an individual to supply funds, goods, or services ... helps defray the cost to the terrorist organization of running the ostensibly legitimate activities. This in turn frees an equal sum that can then be spent on terrorist activities.

In 2007, Sen. Jon Kyl similarly stated that:

https://cis.org/Fishman/Biden-Administration-Immigrants-If-You-Want-Do-Business-Terrorists-Aint-Nobodys-Business-If
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 05:10:56 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson