Author Topic: Something's missing in the Mar-a-Lago coverage  (Read 460 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Something's missing in the Mar-a-Lago coverage
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:42:46 pm »
August 25, 2022
Something's missing in the Mar-a-Lago coverage
By Chet Richards

I am someone who has held a TS/SCI (Top Secret — Special Comparted Information) security clearance.  Moreover, I have had a facility clearance for my home so that I could handle classified information there.  Having had that experience, I get more than a little annoyed at the speculative misinformation that all parties in the Mar-a-Lago affair are spreading around.  Granted, my security experience was before my retirement a decade ago, but I doubt much has changed since then.

I make three points.  The first is that the Justice Department is blowing smoke.  They are either completely incompetent or deliberately abusing their authority by lying to the court.  The second point is that the investigative media (including Fox News) have not done their homework and have not found out how the security system actually works.  The third point illustrates the first.  In no legal sense is Donald Trump guilty of anything.  This is because, as a former president, he has both a TS/SCI personal clearance and the same level of facility clearances for his various locations.

To complete the circle, the first two points follow from the third: the Justice Department has charged Donald Trump with violating security regulations by having inappropriate classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.  Well, as president, Trump's home, and probably everywhere he may reside or work, automatically has a TS/SCI facility clearance.  And so his home is appropriate for the safekeeping of classified documents.

I note that Mar-a-Lago is under 24/7 protection by the Secret Service.  This automatically meets the requirements for the safety of a very high-level facility clearance.  Moreover, an extra degree of protection was installed, at the government's request, when a lock was put on the door where the documents were stored.  The government cannot then legitimately claim that those documents were improperly secured.

In addition, unless there are extraordinary circumstances, high-level security clearances remain in effect for at least three years after employment.  Donald Trump has been unemployed by the government for only a year and a half.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/somethings_missing_in_the_maralago_coverage.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Something's missing in the Mar-a-Lago coverage
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »
Even if Trump were just another citizen this Mar-a-Lago warrant would still be an unconstitutional violation of his fourth amendment rights.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 03:03:40 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 07:11:44 pm »
This is because, as a former president, he has both a TS/SCI personal clearance and the same level of facility clearances for his various locations.

I suspected, but had not seen confirmation of this.

[Snark] I sure do miss a certain chosen Never-Trumper former member who would confidently explain how this comment does not mean what it plainly means. yogi555 [/Snark]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 07:28:26 pm »
Even if Trump were just another citizen this Mar-a-Lago warrant would still be an unconstitutional violation of his fourth amendment rights.

Absolutely @Bigun    :thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 07:33:40 pm »
I truly hope that there are federal statutes in place under which the Justice Dept officials driving this bogus operation can be criminally prosecuted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-