Author Topic: Poll: 71% in California Back Proposition 1, Abortion Until Birth  (Read 804 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: 71% in California Back Proposition 1, Abortion Until Birth

Joel B. Pollak 25 Aug 2022

A new poll reveals that an overwhelming majority of registered voters in California approve Proposition 1, a constitutional amendment that would guarantee the right to abortion until birth if passed by a referendum in November.

The text of Proposition 1 is as follows:

The state shall not deny or interfere with an individual’s reproductive freedom in their most intimate decisions, which includes their fundamental right to choose to have an abortion and their fundawental right to choose or refuse contraceptives. This section is intended to further the constitutional right to privacy guaranteed by Section 1, and the constitutional right to not be denied equal protection guaranteed by Section 7. Nothing herein narrows orJimits the right to privacy or equal protection.

The legislative counsel’s digest points out: “Existing law, the Reproductive Privacy Act, declares that every individual possesses a fundamental right of privacy with respect to personal reproductive decisions and prohibits the state from denying or interfering with a person’s right to choose or obtain an abortion before viability of the fetus, or when the abortion is necessary to protect the life or health of the person.” Proposition 1 appears to extend the right to abortion through birth.

The new poll, conducted by the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies, suggests that 71% of registered voters approve of Proposition 1, and only 18% oppose it. In a statement, the poll notes that 68% of voters disapprove of the Supreme Court’s recent decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization to reverse the 1973 holding in Roe v. Wade that had established abortion as a constitutional right.

The San Jose Mercury News points out that Proposition 1 apparently has support even in conservative portions of the state.

However, the wording of the poll question — and the proposition — conflates two issues: access to abortion and access to contraceptives. With a compound question, it is unclear whether one section, or both, is responsible for the polling result.

The California ProLife PAC opposes Proposition 1, arguing in a recent statement: “It will prohibit any future laws protecting women from abortion. It will guarantee the current unlimited-funding of abortion; tourist abortions; it will ensure the continuation of late-term abortions that are not done for any medical reason. It will guarantee the government’s continued opposition and work to silence crisis pregnancy centers.

Democrats hope that support for Proposition 1 will bring out their voters to support candidates in close congressional races.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/25/poll-71-in-california-back-proposition-1-abortion-until-birth/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:33:02 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Poll: 71% in California Back Proposition 1, Abortion Until Birth
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 01:31:20 pm »
Well, that is what the SCOTUS said, it is a state issue... Don't agree but it is their right as a state as long as the rest of the country does not have to pay for it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 01:54:47 pm »
The new poll, conducted by the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies

I cannot believe that 71% of Californians agree with this..I will consider the source of this Poll.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 02:09:11 pm »
I cannot believe that 71% of Californians agree with this..I will consider the source of this Poll.

I agree. Something smells fishy here. I can’t imagine that Hispanics—a large catholic population in California—are big supporters of abortion. And outside of major cities, rural populations are not big supporters, either.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 02:14:38 pm »
Well, that is what the SCOTUS said, it is a state issue... Don't agree but it is their right as a state as long as the rest of the country does not have to pay for it.

Yes, it is their right as a state and all those who reside in that state who go along with it.

I find it incomprehensible that anyone could abort right before birth. It is murder and inhumane; at that point, that life is very viable and it is terminating a life of an infant. I can't help but wonder what goes through the mind of the doctor terminating the life at that point? How do they live with themselves? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 03:37:02 pm »
California. Where people and freedom go to die.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 04:37:56 pm »

Exactly.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 10:25:46 pm »
Well, we'll find out on election day in November whether this poll is accurate or not.

I tend to think that it is, or not all that far off the mark.

I also believe there are going to be surprises as to how powerful the "abortion issue" is across the rest of the country -- and even in purple (and a few red) states, too.

The Dobbs decision may have delivered a legal and moral victory to the right, but it may have come at a price -- lost votes at the ballot boxes...