Author Topic: Michigan State: Recycle Wind Turbine Blades as Gummy Bears  (Read 561 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Michigan State: Recycle Wind Turbine Blades as Gummy Bears
« on: August 25, 2022, 11:49:25 am »

Michigan State: Recycle Wind Turbine Blades as Gummy Bears
6 hours ago 
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Dr. Willie Soon; According to Michigan State University professor John Dorgan, making wind turbine blades out of edible resin would allow them to be recycled as food.

Wind turbine blades could be recycled into gummy bears, scientists say

Researchers design composite resin for blades that can be broken down to make new products including sweets

Chelsie Henshaw
Tue 23 Aug 2022 19.11 AEST

The next generation of wind turbine blades could be recycled into gummy bears at the end of their service, scientists have said.

Researchers at Michigan State University have made a composite resin for the blades by combining glass fibres with a plant-derived polymer and a synthetic one. Once the blades have reached the end of their lifespan the materials can be broken down and recycled to make new products including turbine blades – and chewy sweets.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/24/michigan-state-recycle-wind-turbine-blades-as-gummy-bears/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Michigan State: Recycle Wind Turbine Blades as Gummy Bears
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 11:49:43 am »
 :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 11:50:03 am »
:facepalm2:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 08:09:47 pm »
Well I'm no astrophysicist or aerospace engineer, heck I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I can't help thinking that if you made something as big and potentially dangerous as a wind turbine blade out of edible resin it would take long for some sort of critter to start munchin on it and eventually case it to fail...maybe catastrophically. :pondering:

Offline Idiot

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 08:58:55 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 09:06:06 pm »
So this is the kind of thinking that biden wants all of us to pay for?  I want a refund..

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 09:38:43 pm »
Been awhile since I've had my intelligence insulted this much, and Biden is currently the President.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 06:51:44 am »
Well I'm no astrophysicist or aerospace engineer, heck I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I can't help thinking that if you made something as big and potentially dangerous as a wind turbine blade out of edible resin it would take long for some sort of critter to start munchin on it and eventually case it to fail...maybe catastrophically. :pondering:
You want to eat bird gut flavored gummy bears? Something will eat it, but it isn't likely something you'd want in your system...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 10:51:03 am »

:bingo:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 03:48:32 pm »
You want to eat bird gut flavored gummy bears? Something will eat it, but it isn't likely something you'd want in your system...
While I'm sure there would be a market for it with the many lunatic Gaia worshippers you wouldn't find me anywhere near them.....except when I was pointing and laughing at them in derision.