Author Topic: Army IT leader pledges quicker cloud uptake in ‘year of action’  (Read 197 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Army IT leader pledges quicker cloud uptake in ‘year of action’

By Colin Demarest
 Aug 24, 11:37 AM

The Army requested $16.6 billion in cyber and IT funding for fiscal 2023, a slice of its $178 billion budget blueprint. (U.S. Army graphic by Peggy Frierson/Defense Media Activity)
AUGUSTA, Ga. — The U.S. Army will make swift, significant strides in cloud migration and utilization in the coming 12 months, according to the service’s top uniformed information technology official.

Dubbing the next year as a period “of action and acceleration,” Lt. Gen. John Morrison, deputy chief of staff, G-6, on Aug. 17 pledged “much more rapid movement to the cloud” now that the groundwork has been laid.

The Army considers cloud migration and widespread, secure use foundational to the broader modernization of its networks, computers and collaboration capabilities. Mastering cloud computing will also help realize artificial intelligence and machine learning for cyber warfare, according to the 2020 Army Cloud Plan.

https://www.defensenews.com/cyber/2022/08/24/army-it-leader-pledges-quicker-cloud-uptake-in-year-of-action/?amp;amp
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 10:53:02 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army IT leader pledges quicker cloud uptake in ‘year of action’
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 10:54:30 am »
With a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage! *look*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Army IT leader pledges quicker cloud uptake in ‘year of action’
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 11:20:47 am »
Skynet ...