Author Topic: If we put our veterans first, American greatness follows  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If we put our veterans first, American greatness follows
« on: August 25, 2022, 10:38:50 am »
If we put our veterans first, American greatness follows
The Republican Party is united behind our service members

By Tommy Hicks Jr. - - Tuesday, August 23, 2022
OPINION:

One year after President Biden’s disgraceful Afghanistan withdrawal, the Republican National Committee is proud to open its first-ever Veterans Community Center in Virginia Beach, home to the largest naval base in the world.

It’s been 12 months since 13 U.S. service members were needlessly killed in Kabul, and this center represents a commitment of respect, honor and gratitude for the sacrifice of our more than 19 million veterans across our country. It is a message that no, their courage is not taken for granted, and that, yes, the Republican Party is united behind our incredible veterans.

Thus, we must work together to save our country in November. While Mr. Biden vacationed during the one-year anniversary of Kabul’s fall to the Taliban — wanting to forget that one of the biggest foreign policy disasters in American history happened under his leadership — it’s clear that our country sits at a crossroads, with two very divergent paths ahead. Under Mr. Biden, our country is less respected around the world with one foreign policy crisis after another, alienating allies and emboldening enemies. Here at home, freedom is under assault, our border is wide open, and our children are being taught to hate our country in their schools.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/23/if-we-put-our-veterans-first-american-greatness-fo/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 10:40:00 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

Re: If we put our veterans first, American greatness follows
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 05:46:23 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: If we put our veterans first, American greatness follows
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 10:58:04 am »
If (as we did in my youth) place those who conduct themselves with honor and perform heroic deeds in high esteem, then as youth there is something to shoot for, a measure of who you are and what you are as a person. While some of those marks will seem impossibly high, the only separation between a true hero and an ordinary guy is often the spur of the moment reaction to an opportunity to do great deeds.

Not like today where everyone seems to fumble for the video button on their phone, people sprang into action, often without even thinking for their personal safety, often spurred by the flash thought of "What if that was me needing help?"

But in a culture where everything is viewed as though life is on a screen, and the connection between people has been broken by intervening electronics, people have been conditioned to watch or record, but not act. Sad.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis