Author Topic: Too Few, Not Proud Enough  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Too Few, Not Proud Enough
« on: August 25, 2022, 10:35:05 am »
Too Few, Not Proud Enough

By THE EDITORS
August 24, 2022 6:30 AM

As the U.S. Army’s fiscal year nears its close, the service is experiencing a shocking shortfall in its recruiting targets.

The numbers are grim. At the end of July, the Army had shipped to basic training only two-thirds of the 57,000 new soldiers it had hoped to recruit. The Marine Corps and Air Force are doing a bit better, but the Navy is also struggling to meet its year-end goals. The reserve components are, if anything, in worse shape: Only the Marine Corps Reserve is set to meet its targets, while the Army and Navy Reserve and Army and Air Force National Guards are expected to fall tens of thousands of recruits short.

Even the prestigious military academies are feeling the pinch. West Point recorded a 10 percent decrease in applicants while the Air Force Academy saw a stunning 28-point decline.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/too-few-not-proud-enough/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 10:36:03 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson