Author Topic: Ex-Obama adviser Jason Furman rips Biden's student loan handout as ‘inflationary,’ ‘reckless’ overre  (Read 233 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ex-Obama adviser Jason Furman rips Biden's student loan handout as ‘inflationary,’ ‘reckless’ overreach

Former Barack Obama economic adviser Jason Furman went on a lengthy Twitter rant on Wednesday afternoon ripping President Biden’s student loan handout as "inflationary," "reckless," and government overreach.

"Pouring roughly half trillion dollars of gasoline on the inflationary fire that is already burning is reckless," tweeted Furman, who served as chairman of the president’s Council of Economic Advisers during the Obama-Biden administration. "Doing it while going well beyond one campaign promise ($10K of student loan relief) and breaking another (all proposals paid for) is even worse."

Furman made his comments shortly after Biden announced Wednesday an executive order to cancel $10,000 for each student loan borrower, $20,000 for borrowers who received Pell Grants, and extend a repayment pause through Dec. 31.

The handout only applies to borrowers earning less than $125,000 a year — $250,000 for married couples — and undergraduate loan borrowers can cap repayment at 5% of their monthly income, Biden said..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-obama-adviser-jason-furman-rips-bidens-student-loan-handout-inflationary-reckless-overreach
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.