Author Topic: Wrong-way NYC cyclist goes ‘insane’ after crashing into another biker  (Read 541 times)

Offline Kamaji

Wrong-way NYC cyclist goes ‘insane’ after crashing into another biker

By Tina Moore and Katherine Donlevy
August 24, 2022

Two cyclists collided on a Brooklyn street corner Wednesday afternoon — but the only thing that broke was a cellphone.

Luis Perez was riding along the Driggs Avenue bike lane around 1 p.m. when an unidentified rider wearing a striped shirt traveling the wrong way smashed into him at the North 10th Street corner, according to police.

“This creep comes out of nowhere. He just plowed right into Luis in the bike lane. He just plowed head-first into Luis,” said Helayne Seidman, Post contributing photographer and witness at the scene.

The wrong-way rider then went berserk.

He ripped Perez’s phone from his hands and smashed it on the ground.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/wrong-way-nyc-cyclist-goes-insane-after-crashing-into-another-biker/

Offline Kamaji

Eff 'em all.  I can't stand most bike riders in NYC; they're all prima donnas with a God complex because, zero carbon, after all.

Offline aligncare

Eff 'em all.  I can't stand most bike riders in NYC; they're all prima donnas with a God complex because, zero carbon, after all.

Yep. In Brooklyn I’m more concerned about being hit by a cyclist then a car. At least cars generally stay on the roadway and don’t venture onto sidewalks like cyclist do. Once I was nearly hit on blind corner by a cyclist hauling ass on the sidewalk, the idiot. And on the bike lanes I don’t dare do anything that might cause a cyclist to apply the breaks—because they won’t. They figure to steer out of any situation, the idiots.

Online Hoodat

Yep. In Brooklyn I’m more concerned about being hit by a cyclist then a car. At least cars generally stay on the roadway and don’t venture onto sidewalks like cyclist do.

Been to Philadelphia lately?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Yep. In Brooklyn I’m more concerned about being hit by a cyclist then a car. At least cars generally stay on the roadway and don’t venture onto sidewalks like cyclist do. Once I was nearly hit on blind corner by a cyclist hauling ass on the sidewalk, the idiot. And on the bike lanes I don’t dare do anything that might cause a cyclist to apply the breaks—because they won’t. They figure to steer out of any situation, the idiots.

:thumbsup: