Author Topic: The Global Temperature Record Says We Are in a ‘Climate Emergency’  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Global Temperature Record Says We Are in a ‘Climate Emergency’

Figure 1 (click to enlarge). Comparison of how global surface temperature is presented, top is anomaly data magnified to a narrow temperature range, as presented by the media, bottom is the same data, presented in absolute temperature, in the range of normal human experience.
Pro: Official Government Data Shows an Alarming Rapid Rise in Temperature Over 140 years
NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) is the original organization to raise the warning on global temperature increases, due to increasing carbon dioxide in Earth’s atmosphere, during an address to the U.S. Senate by Dr. James Hansen in June 19881.

NASA GISS maintains a website where the data and graphs derived from that data are publicly available. They say:

The GISS Surface Temperature Analysis ver. 4 (GISTEMP v4) is an estimate of global surface temperature change. Graphs and tables are updated around the middle of every month using current data files from NOAA GHCN v4 (meteorological stations) and ERSST v5 (ocean areas), combined as described in our publications Hansen et al. (2010) and Lenssen et al. (2019). These updated files incorporate reports for the previous month and also late reports and corrections for earlier months.

They offer a graph of global temperature for each year from 1880 to the present as seen below.

https://everythingclimate.wpcomstaging.com/the-global-temperature-record-says-we-are-in-a-climate-emergency/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson